Topic: Character specific Meters

I'm looking to add character specific gauges

As in example

Character 1 has a bullet count gauge that when empty can no longer use bullet based attacks. And need to reload.all bullet based attacks take from this meter

Also it's character specific so not all characters get this.

Like I would want to be able to set this up through the character info file itself so each extra gauge Is unique in design and functionality

Does any one know where I can start trying to find this?

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Character specific Meters

When he shoots a bullet, make it take a specific amount of gauge. Set the "reload move" to recover a specific amount of gauge on cast.

Hope that helps.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That runs into problems.

I don't want to use the main gauge for this.  I still want the main gauge to be used for other Things

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You would have to create an "ammo gauge" then.

It would work as the main gauge bar, but for specific moves.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That's what I said. I just don't know how to make have extra gauges.

I'm willing to temporarily have it so everyone has this extra gauge but not everyone uses it. Until an official way of going about this is possible. But I can't get extra gauges at all. Only the normal gauge no secondary or tertiary gauges

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down

6 (edited by Meractus 2017-01-03 01:39:45)

Change the currentGauge(?) variable to an array of size N, where N would be the number of gauge bars your character would have (gaugeBarCount, for example: in character file). I believe you would like to change maxGauge(?) as well in the same way.

Upon starting the round, when currentGauge recieves the value from maxGauge, it is necessary to have a loop setting the values in the respective positions for each gauge bar value.

On the move file you would create a new variable to decide wich gauge bar it is going to use(gaugeBarNumber, for example).

On the functions AddGauge and RemoveGauge (and any kind of validating functions) you would add a new parameter that would be the gaugeBarNumber to decide from wich gauge bar it would subtract.

I hope that helps.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I 'll look into this when I get home

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down