Topic: Stage Creation

Whenever i try to create a stage the game falls apart.
The characters either fall through the floor forever, or jump vertically.

I have a ground plane on layer: ground
Non of my other elements have mesh colliders...

it simply doesnt work.

I tried to copy the training room elements and manually add in the elements to this cloned level and the same happens.

This is driving me crazy.... please help

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Stage Creation

When you say jump vertically, do you mean they can't jump forward/back, or something else?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

please make a video tutorial of a level being made from scratch

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afk4weSE … e=youtu.be

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yep, I've had the vertical issue before.  It's due to the plane not being in the exact right spot.

Is your default training stage messed up as well (like in video)?  If so, you'll need to reimport that asset.

I don't have the facility to make a video, but it it's pretty straight forward.  The Plane GameObject needs to be at world Y=0.  If lower, you get the vertical issue;  if higher, you get characters falling through the stage.

Also check it's aligned with in Z 0 (the default plane is fairly deep, so you can move it between Z -12 to Z 12 or so and you'll still be OK).

See how you go, I can take some screen shots if you still need help smile.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

i figured it out...
basically if you drag the prefab u make of the level into the scene to edit it, then apply the changes it would error...
all it was, was when u drag a prefab/... or anyobject into unity, it doesnt put it to 0,0,0 so i needed to zero it out before i update the prefab....

but yeah, you were not wrong. thanks for help...

feel free to chip in on this one:
http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/search.php?a … user_id=99

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ah, yes.  If you drag into the Scene window, it won't be at world 0.  But if you drag it into the Hierarchy window instead, it will be at its prefab position.  I've made it a habit to drag things into the Hierarchy instead of Scene window, so didn't realise others could be dragging into the Scene window wink.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

yeah. im a noob... simple error.

Thumbs up Thumbs down