1 (edited by satbir.singh 2017-02-07 09:32:55)

Topic: How to Avoid One character hand go inside other character body

While taking punch one character hand goes inside other character body.
How to avoid this?

Using UFE 1.6.0

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: How to Avoid One character hand go inside other character body

Inside then gets stuck?

And why are you using 1.6? You can upgrade for free

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

No hand does not stuck. While taking punch hand goes inside the face and comes out.

After upgradation this problem will resolve?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

4 (edited by KRGraphics 2017-02-08 09:47:56)

Unfortunately, in game development, this is something called clipping which can't always be avoided. In my game, I rarely have to worry about this and neither should you. One solution could be to set the hitbox a frame before the fist makes contact with the face. This will make it look like the fist is clearly connecting with the face. Also, make sure the fist's strike box is big enough but not too small. It will look odd but it is either do that or live with it.

Real-time games are nowhere near a point where we can use solvers to fix it.

There are ways to avoid this but would require you to do some source code modifications. Basically you'd have sub cameras in the Main Camera that has UFE attached. You then would set one camera to render one player as its only layer and another camera to render the other player as its only layer. Then you'd get what essentially KOF14 and SFV do where one character will always appear in front of another character.

Then you'd also have to code instances where you don't want them rendering behind the other (like SFV/KOF14) which would basically involve turning off that rendering layer difference when throwing or doing cinematics.

Thumbs up Thumbs down