Topic: UFE and Realtime GI

Hey, guys...

It has been a while since I have worked on my game, and that is because I've been dealing with issues trying to use Real time GI in UFE and because of the prefab nature of the tool, it is DAMN near impossible to get my lighting working with my game. Are you guys considering somehow is a future update of UFE to somehow allow us to get real time GI working with this?

Because at current, I can't get my lighting working the way I want. No one want to use fake and flat lighting all the time and it is increasingly frustrating, especially when there are great tools that will allow us to have really awesome lighting. I've been playing a lot of Tekken and Street Fighter 5 and I love how the lighting is. And since Unity 5.6 is out, I am using the Progressive Lightmapper to light my levels. So, what can you guys do to make this possibly happen? Such as using the .Unity file for levels so I can keep my GI.

Sorry for the rant, but I have been fighting with this for months and it is really aggravating. I'm working on a visually beautiful game and because it is impossible to light my characters and levels and have it stay in builds, it is very discouraging. (and I know what I am doing)

2 (edited by Steviebops 2017-06-24 16:06:31)

Re: UFE and Realtime GI

This thread might help - https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/probl … bs.324514/

Basically, there's a script you can use that should allow you to save that data to prefabs. The users there have posted some step-by-step instructions on how to use it too.

Now, they do mention 5.6 is causing a few headaches, but it's a good thread to watch for a solution.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

3 (edited by KRGraphics 2017-06-24 18:11:20)

This is hit or miss. And you can't use Enlighten Realtime GI using that script. If you enable real time GI, it will not run in your builds

Seems to work mostly ok for me, with the exception of the prefab being a bit over-exposed lighting wise.

But yes, this is all very fiddly for something Unity really should have sorted ages back.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

5 (edited by KRGraphics 2017-06-24 20:26:38)

Baked lightmaps work fine, though very fiddly. Realtime GI doesn't work at all.. playing erases my lighting