Topic: [HELP] Inputs are not working

Greetings everyone!
I'm new to the UFE community and I was so excited to get the Bundle. Now I got it! Hoorraaaaay big_smile

With that being said, I need some help here. I'm testing everything here, but it seems that there's something wrong with... everything.

The inputs are not working and I get to receive these console warnings everytime!
PunBB bbcode test

I just did things like:
- Replacing InputManagerFile in the UFE Project Settings
- Running Unity as the admin
- Trying to solve the "Cannot open file 'C:/ProgramData/Unity/Unity_lic.ulf' for write." error
- Changing the InputManager buttons

Nothing really worked.

I trully need some help. And I apologize any language mistake, I'm still learning english.

Thanks to everyone and nice to meet you all! smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: [HELP] Inputs are not working

I get the same error messages.  I also have the same problem!  Is it a bug with UFE?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I tried to install the asset without Control Freak but it didn't work, too.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

wolfoxyo wrote:

Yes, It's as if you install Control Freak just once UFE is just bugged and will not work again.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Fighterman wrote:
wolfoxyo wrote:

Yes, It's as if you install Control Freak just once UFE is just bugged and will not work again.

Have you reached out to Dan The author of control freak ? Super helpful guy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

christougher wrote:
Fighterman wrote:
wolfoxyo wrote:

Have you reached out to Dan The author of control freak ? Super helpful guy

I'll chat with him. But is it really the Control Freak that bugs UFE?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I found a cheap fix.  I installed the Rewired demo.  I took the time to set everything up correctly and now I can control my ingame characters again.

This doesn't 100% fix the problem, but it's good enough for me to test my new characters and stages. 

Ultimately after trying both Control Freak and Rewired, I believe that rewired is the better all around input asset.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I did exactly the same thing and now I can use 95% of my Xbox controller. But I wish my keyboard was functional too.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

9 (edited by Fighterman 2017-12-05 21:28:35)

I got my keyboard to function.  I'm ONLY using keyboard right now until I have my project 90% done, and then I'll buy a controller to make this game compatible with a controller. 

You have to rename all the buttons in the inputs area of your global config.

"Add a pre-configured Rewired Input Manager for Universal Fighting Engine to the scene from the menu:
Window -> Rewired -> Integration -> Universal Fighting Engine -> Create -> Rewired Input Manager
In the UFE Global Editor –> Input Options:
Set “Input Manager” to “Rewired”
Change the names of all inputs for both players to:
For the horizontal axis: “Horizontal”
For the vertical axis: “Vertical”
For each numbered button: “Button1”, “Button2”, “Button3”, “Button4”, “Button5”, “Button6”
For the Start button: “Start”
Be sure to remove the "p1" / "p2" prefix from the input names as Rewired does not use this. Both Player 1 and Player 2's input names should be identical."

Make sure there are no empty fields in your inputs area.  So for the buttons you not only have to use the drop down menu, but you also have to name that button "Button1" etc...

And to the UFE developer, this isn't a fix.  This is just a workaround for a bug that happens when you try to install control freak.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

hi,

i recently bought the bundle while it was on sale, and i'm also having this problem.

hopefully we can get a fix? i tried the same steps as the OP too.

i'm on unity 2017.2.0f3 and UFE bundle 1.8.4

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi, same problem for me. Just imported UFE Source in a fresh new project in Unity 2017.2.0f3 (64 bit) and any controls (keyboard/joystick) are working at all. Not installed yet nor Control Freak 2 nor Rewired so is internal to UFE. Hope in a fast solution or this asset is unusable.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

more than a week and still no fix

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Bump. Would be great to hear something.

I’m making characters blindly.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

14 (edited by twiggyash 2017-12-12 12:41:30)

Sadly, me too smile) ..Did anybody send an email to the developer? It's a shame still no fix.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hmm...I'm not the dev but I'll see if I can find a solution sometime tonight or tomorrow that doesn't require CF or Rewired to be installed.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sorry about that. I found the problem. I'm updating UFE to 1.8.4a

If you want to fix it yourself, under UFE\Scripts\UFE.cs (line 1928):

Look for this segment:

if(UFE.config.inputOptions.inputManagerType == InputManagerType.ControlFreak) {     // [DGT]
    p1Controller.humanController = gameObject.AddComponent<InputTouchController>();
} else if(UFE.config.inputOptions.inputManagerType == InputManagerType.cInput) {
    p1Controller.humanController = gameObject.AddComponent<InputController>();
} else if(UFE.config.inputOptions.inputManagerType == InputManagerType.Rewired) {
    p1Controller.humanController = gameObject.AddComponent<RewiredInputController>();
    (p1Controller.humanController as RewiredInputController).rewiredPlayerId = 0;
}

And replace it with this:

if(UFE.config.inputOptions.inputManagerType == InputManagerType.ControlFreak) {     // [DGT]
} else if(UFE.config.inputOptions.inputManagerType == InputManagerType.Rewired) {
    p1Controller.humanController = gameObject.AddComponent<RewiredInputController>();
} else {
}
Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

This is great! I look forward to updating.

Thank you kindly.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Updates sent to the asset store. You will be alerted when the update is live by Unity soon. Again, sorry the inconvenience.

Mistermind wrote:

Sorry about that. I found the problem. I'm updating UFE to 1.8.4a

If you want to fix it yourself, under UFE\Scripts\UFE.cs (line 1928):

Look for this segment:

} else if(UFE.config.inputOptions.inputManagerType == InputManagerType.cInput) {
}

And replace it with this:

} else {
}

Thanks a lot for this! big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Update is live!  And Gradient.cs received it's name change!  Woot woot!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

does that work with player 2 controllers as well the script

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Anyone having a issue with Horizontal Axis? looks like all my other functions work but the P1 right function.

Im not seeing version 1.8.4a in the store for Source version. Shouldn't it be up by now?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Steviebops wrote:

Im not seeing version 1.8.4a in the store for Source version. Shouldn't it be up by now?

Sorry about that Stevie. The update is there. I forgot to change the version number.

Hello.

Today I downloaded Unity 2017.3 and a fresh version of UFE Source (latest version).
The bug still exists: There were no keyboard- or joystick inputs working in the demo-project.

After changing the code in UFE.cs it works.