Topic: [Video] Throw Tutorial

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBwc0apVZVo[/media]

Hi All,

I just completed the Throw Tutorial video.  In this video, I basically go through the Throw Creation Guide, but I also show you Tech Throws, SF2-style throws (no whiff, instant) and Throws with no reaction component.

I recommend this for anybody wanting to understand more about Throws in UFE.  I expect you to be past beginner level of UFE usage (i.e. recognise and navigate between the 3 UFE editor windows easily & familiar with creating Moves), but even at beginner level you might be able to follow along.

I hope you find the video helpful!

P.S.  Apologies for some of the audio near the beginning and the end, I need to get a new mic!

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Re: [Video] Throw Tutorial

Im trying to create a throw that works in the air.  I have this issue though where the throw attempt wont make contact with a stunned opponent in the air. 

So then I tried to make it a normal hit that just chained into the throw confirm.  The problem is when I made contact with the air opponent, they would just fall to the ground and lie there until the match ends.  I think that has something to do with the opponent override.  The character with the throw confirm follows through with the animation just fine while the opponent falls to the ground like a log.

I made sure that the throw react had "ignore gravity" checked.  Is it just not possible currently?

I assume you've set the Hit Conditions to Stand/Crouch, Air, Stunned?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

YumChaGames wrote:

I assume you've set the Hit Conditions to Stand/Crouch, Air, Stunned?

Yeah I have no problem getting the throw attempt to connect while in the air.  Its the throw confirm and opponent override thats acting strange.  When the override triggers the opponent just falls to the ground and freezes.

What settings are on the the Opponent Override?

Admittedly, I haven't tried air throws yet, so it could be that it's not possible currently.  When I get a chance next, I'll try to make an air throw and see if I can find the source of the issue.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

6 (edited by immortalfray 2015-08-08 19:32:03)

http://i.imgur.com/UsnYOTa.png

Yea, anytime I try to use opponent override on an opponent that's stunned in the air the opponent glitches out and remains in the down state until the time ends.  Tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if it isn't possible.  Air throws are some of the coolest moves in fighting games in my opinion