Topic: Hi, Can't Apply hit boxes to new characters

Hi, been working on a new game and was setting up my character. put all the hit boxes on  the character and hit Apply Changes. I close the prefab then open it back up just to see all the hit boxes gone. I tried doing it 3 more times and each time the boxes never stayed. whats going on. Oh i also got this message. help

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: path is null or empty

Re: Hi, Can't Apply hit boxes to new characters

I noticed that issue right after sending the update for Unity 2018.3. It has to do with the 'Prefab' loading method.
I'll be issuing a patch to the Asset Store soon. In the meantime, use the 'Resources Folder' as your Loading Method:
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/HYsK0y3.png

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Mistermind wrote:

I noticed that issue right after sending the update for Unity 2018.3. It has to do with the 'Prefab' loading method.
I'll be issuing a patch to the Asset Store soon. In the meantime, use the 'Resources Folder' as your Loading Method:
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/HYsK0y3.png

"Hi! I keep on having the same issue, even with the pre-loaded characters: I can't seem to be able to apply hitboxes to them, even if they are loaded via path. Is there any way to solve this problem? I have UFE2 standard 2.1.1 and Unity 2018.3
It does not work with any method, either Prefab or Resources.
http://i68.tinypic.com/1zmftyq.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Did you store the file 'Roar_Panther_Prefab.prefab' under the folder 'Resources\Characters'?

Mistermind wrote:

Did you store the file 'Roar_Panther_Prefab.prefab' under the folder 'Resources\Characters'?

Yes. When I press "Apply changes", I get an Argument Exception "given path is not valid", both in prefab and resource folder mode. it looks like the PrefabUtility.SavePrefab method is given the relative path instead of the absolute path of the prefab, resulting in the changes not being applied. Moreover, if the Resource path is not left empty, the character editor will try to save on the indicated path instead of on the loaded prefab. This is something that I can not fix on my own with the Standard version of UFE2, as it requires direct access to the code.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It wasn't so much as a typo as it was Unity changing behaviours multiple times within a short time span. Here is a short code example of what I had to deal within the past 3-4 months of update:

#if UNITY_2018_3_OR_NEWER
     PrefabUtility.ApplyPrefabInstance(character, InteractionMode.AutomatedAction);
#elif UNITY_2018_2
     PrefabUtility.ReplacePrefab(character, PrefabUtility.GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource(character), ReplacePrefabOptions.ConnectToPrefab);
#else
     PrefabUtility.ReplacePrefab(character, PrefabUtility.GetPrefabParent(character), ReplacePrefabOptions.ConnectToPrefab);
#endif

Anyways, email me your invoice at mistermind@live.com so I can send you an updated version of that library.

Hello! I'm having this exact same issue. Have you been able to come up with a solution yet, or is there something I can do?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yesss!! just emailed you from backalleytoonz@gmail.com hit me with that update. lol

notmonica wrote:

Hello! I'm having this exact same issue. Have you been able to come up with a solution yet, or is there something I can do?

Send me an email at mistermind@live.com with your invoice number so I can send you the fixed libraries.

I just sent you an email from notnotmonica@gmail.com with my invoice number. Thank you!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

notmonica wrote:

I just sent you an email from notnotmonica@gmail.com with my invoice number. Thank you!!

I sent you 2 emails but they both bounced. I've sent you a private message in the forum with a link for you to download from.

Hi, Mistermind. Updated the library and its working now thanks. Only thing is now when the assist move is executed the second prefab character doesn't jump out and attack. Am i missing something or have to re set the move?

Hi,

for some reason after replacing the libraries when i'm in the Move file for Assist call super 2 activation right under the opponent  override should be the character assist settings but its missing. please help

backalleytoonz wrote:

Hi, Mistermind. Updated the library and its working now thanks. Only thing is now when the assist move is executed the second prefab character doesn't jump out and attack. Am i missing something or have to re set the move?

Take a look at how the assist moves work with Ethan. You need 2 assist moves: Enter Move and Exist Move. Take a look at this post:
https://forum.unity.com/threads/univers … st-4194016

backalleytoonz wrote:

Hi,

for some reason after replacing the libraries when i'm in the Move file for Assist call super 2 activation right under the opponent  override should be the character assist settings but its missing. please help

I'm not sure I understood the question. Also please make a new topic when addressing a different issue.

Hi Mistermind. i have the same issue when try to Apply Hit Boxes on my new characters. i sent your a mail with my invoice number by nkuindja2008@gmail.com

Thumbs up Thumbs down