Topic: Control Freaks issue

http://i.imgur.com/wqUHwHG.png

The Pause button doesnt work... when I add CF-UFE-4Buttons prefab as input device in UFE 1.5 Pro.
i wanna hide the little Esc element from gui and get the pause to take over and pause the game...

Also The Control freaks GUI is behind the power bar so the 'A' button is under the bar at the bottom of the screen.

i tried to use CF-UFE prefab but it triggers nothing.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Control Freaks issue

Hiding that element is fairly easy.  Open the GUIScript.cs file and comment out this line:

info.text = "ESC - Menu";

For Control Freak, it's not well documented, so apologies on that.  But here's some tips that should help you set it up.

First, copy the CF prefab you want to use and edit that instead.  Much easier in case you make a mistake.  Don't forget to assign it in the Input Options.

To get the CF pause button to work:
In the CF prefab open Touch Zones and click the arrow to find the PAUSE zone.  At the bottom, there's a Button Name field.
Then in UFE Global Options | Input Options, open up Player 1 Inputs and find the input for the UFE Button Start (should be at bottom).  The CF Button Name here should match the Button name field in the CF prefab.

Adjusting layout:
CF works with a layout system where the buttons and joysticks are positioned as offsets inside the layout.  So when you change the position in the Touch Zone or Stick section, you can only go as much as the layout determines you can.  You'll notice by default the layout that the buttons are assigned to is Butons-Box and only covers the bottom right portion of the screen.  So touches outside this layout will not be recognised for this layout group.

In the Layout, you can enable Draw Debug Region and assign a color to it.  This can help you see what portion of the screen this layout will cover.

Hope that helps with Control Freak usage.  I've spent a bit of time with it now, so let me know if there's anything else you want to know about it. smile

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Thanks for getting back to me I know you are super busy!...

the start button wasn't in the list so i had to create my own, choose my own name and yeah paste it into the CF prefab. works a treat!

Since upgrading all my characters movements are off, and some dont work at all... i clicked the upgrade thing that pops up, no help at all.... grrrr...

i now have the unenviable task of recreating them in version 1.5..... but im worried that with the impending launch of 1.6 this will happen again... any ideas ? once again thanks a lot x

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Start a new thread about it.  I just want to keep topics consistent for future searches.  Thanks smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down