Topic: NGUI error

Hi MM,

Can i use NGUI with UFE for changing my whole UI ?

I have use NGUI 3.7.4.

Can you have any tutorial or UserManual regarding only changing all UI screen . If i wish add my custom screens then what i have to do for that can you help me?

Issue :
When i Import my NGUI plugin in UFE at that time one error will displayed i cant handle this so please help me to solve this error.

Error : Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Internal/NGUIText.cs(246,56): error CS1061: Type `CharacterInfo' does not contain a definition for `uv' and no extension method `uv' of type `CharacterInfo' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Thank You.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: NGUI error

I've split this into it's own topic.

It's an unfortunate coincidence that NGUI and UFE both use a class called CharacterInfo.  This is not something we can change in an update as that would break everyone's current project.

You could get around it by opening MonoDevelop, press Ctrl+F and find every CharacterInfo reference and change the name to suit.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: NGUI error

Before importing NGUI, open UFE\Scripts\CharacterInfo.cs

Now search for this term (Ctrl+F):

public class CharacterInfo: ScriptableObject {

Place your text cursor on the word CharacterInfo, press F2 and rename this class to something else. Monodevelop might ask you if you'd like to also change the file name. Say yes. That should do it. Now you can import NGUI.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.