Topic: Blockable area problem.

In the move editor there's a section called Blockable area. Maybe I've misunderstood or there's a setting somewhere which is wrong. But no matter what I change in the Blockable area section it does not seem to have any effect on the game.

E.g if the radius is set to 0 the move should be unblockable according to the info on this website. But I can still block the move.
Changing the active frames does nothing. Even if I leave all the settings at default, 0 radius and active frames 1-2,  Body part: none. The move is still blockable.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Blockable area problem.

What is your block input set to?  Hold Back, Auto Block, or Hold Button X?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's set to Button 3.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

johndman wrote:

It's set to Button 3.

Humm yeah its definitely a bug. The "unblockable" approach I suggest in the docs isn't the best for this situation.
Currently when a move doesn't have a blockable area it bypasses the "potentialBlock" variable under ControlsScript.cs, but when this process is skipped (in the case of a block button) it creates this inconsistency.

Its best if I create an "unblockable" toggle under the active hit itself, which should ignore any attempt to block a hit. I've added it to the upcoming features page to be released on the next update.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

I think there's another bug too with blocking.

While crouching and blocking. If you get hit UFE seems to play the Crouching Idle animation instead of the crouching block hit animation. At least for me it definately does not play the crouching block hit animation.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

johndman wrote:

I think there's another bug too with blocking.

While crouching and blocking. If you get hit UFE seems to play the Crouching Idle animation instead of the crouching block hit animation. At least for me it definately does not play the crouching block hit animation.

You might be missing a few animations. Check out this page:
http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/character … asic_moves

I've done some testing and I have verifed it plays the wrong animation.

UFE plays crouching idle instead of crouching block hit animation.

Standing block works fine.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Let me clarify:
Its probably not a bug, but instead a misconfiguration on one of the templates. You are probably referring to Mike's crouching block reaction (more specifically, Block Animations -> Crouching Hit). The animation happens too fast and due to the blending value it quickly reverts back to crouching idle. To fix this, unfold its structure, toggle Override Blending (in) and set the value to 0.

Got it. Setting the blend in time to 0 made the animations play correctly.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down