1 (edited by StriderSpinel 2015-07-29 17:38:49)

Topic: UFE crashing

I'm getting this error lately, only in Unity 5, and i don't know if it's related, but sometime when returning to the main menu from any other mode, the Game Freezes, not sure if it's related.

"Multiple EventSystems in scene... this is not supported
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent()
UFE:Awake() (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs:1431)"

Thanks!

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

Re: UFE crashing

Are you sure it's any mode?  I haven't seen this yet, but the only mode I haven't tested thoroughly is Story Mode...

Also, have you modified any scripts (UI ones, mainly) that might be affected by this?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

i still can't work out what's wrong with this, but UFE keeps crashing on me, now, instead of the multiple event problem, it gave me this problem

MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'Animation' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
LegacyControl.IsPlaying (System.String clipName) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/LegacyControl.cs:140)
MoveSetScript.RestoreAnimationSpeed () (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/MoveSetScript.cs:487)
ControlsScript.PausePlayAnimation (Boolean pause, Single animSpeed) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/ControlsScript.cs:2171)
ControlsScript.PausePlayAnimation (Boolean pause) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/ControlsScript.cs:2163)
ControlsScript.HitUnpause () (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/ControlsScript.cs:2151)
UFE.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs:1681)

what do you think this is?

Thanks!

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

tried i couple of times and it happens again, randomly, with the very same error.

Did you actually solve the multiple Event Systems problem, or is that just not happening due to the new one?

That Null Exception error is basically the Legacy Control system trying to access the Animator component, but maybe the Game Object attached has been destroyed (so Animator component is not there).

You could resolve this particular error by just making sure the Animator component is there before trying to access it.

In the IsPlaying(string clipName) method in LegacyControl.cs, replace the line:

return (animator.IsPlaying(clipName));

with:

if (animator != null) {
} else {
    return null;
}

What's more concerning is that this happened at all, as we haven't encountered this null exception error before.  Do you have any mods in your scripts?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

i'll check it.

the multiple events error haven't shown itself again, but the behaviour is exactly the same, when i return to the main menu it crashes.

recently this is the only error it outputs and the effects are the same.

i've been playing with the UI making new menus and so on, but not really at a code level, just rearrenging positions, color, fonts and sizes.

the mods i have in my code are the "mirror particle effects" and "custom color" mod.

Thanks!

ok, i copied the code and it gave this error

http://s5.postimg.org/7fxu0ry7r/error_crash_ufe_2.jpg

so i was like "Shuks!"

then i took the code to it's original version with only

and keep on working meanwhile, but then i came across this, don't know if it helps or just something random, but i realized that the game crashes when returning to the main menu ONLY when a HitEffect prefab was on the screen the moment i pause the game and returned to the menu (pausing the game in middle of a hitting attack)

http://s5.postimg.org/rm1bzntvb/error_crash_ufe_1.jpg

http://s5.postimg.org/aa61bc6pj/error_crash_ufe_3.jpg

checked it in training, versus, and arcade, and 4 out of 6 times the game crashes, just a couple of time it didn't.

Thanks for the help!

my unity crashed when I add my own characters in to the characters what's behind this can you please guide me why this is happened with me??
Thanks in advance..
@yumchagames

Thumbs up Thumbs down

How many characters did you add to the character list?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

at my end UFE crashes in 5.6.2 and above in unity 2017 too (Android), stable in 5.6.0f3 didnt tried 5.6.1...   m using 5.6.0f3 for my game so no prb for me....

just shared my info here.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

only three characters just replace them from the original characters. total 3 characters are there in my game.

@MrPonton

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thank you @mayureshetee it also work for me.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Strange, this is still going on to the lastest version!

well, the above code has a little problem, says NULL but actually must be FALSE

if (animator != null) {
        } else {
            return false;
        }