Topic: Bugs with Cinput and Start of match

Im going to post some screenshots after work today.  Last night I installed Cinput into UFE 1.6.  Everything works great so far except for a few things I noticed. 

When I attempt to change controls during the game with Cinput and their configuration window pops up on top of the UFE UI, I can still interact with the UFE options behind the Cinput window.  This makes it hard to change the controls when the game is running.

My second issue is that whenever a match starts, both characters are shown in a T-pose at the center of each stage before they go into their intro animations.  Not a game breaker but it adds some confusion to the beginning of a match.  Im assuming that I can just extend the fade in time before a match starts to fix this problem.

2 (edited by Twrmois 2015-07-24 16:51:21)

Re: Bugs with Cinput and Start of match

immortalfray wrote:

Im going to post some screenshots after work today.  Last night I installed Cinput into UFE 1.6.  Everything works great so far except for a few things I noticed. 

When I attempt to change controls during the game with Cinput and their configuration window pops up on top of the UFE UI, I can still interact with the UFE options behind the Cinput window.  This makes it hard to change the controls when the game is running.

My second issue is that whenever a match starts, both characters are shown in a T-pose at the center of each stage before they go into their intro animations.  Not a game breaker but it adds some confusion to the beginning of a match.  Im assuming that I can just extend the fade in time before a match starts to fix this problem.

I have also been having that issue (regarding cInput) when testing with other people and setting up their controls in the cInput menu, in some cases I'll accidentally turn off the sound without noticing

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, I noticed this too. We missed this one on the last update.

Here's the fix (for DefaultOptionsScreen.cs, but apply it to your own custom if you're using one):

First, declare a GameObject for our Options panel (we'll disable this when cInput is on):

public GameObject optionsPanel;

then inside:

public override void DoFixedUpdate (){

at the end of the Axis declarations, add the following bool:

bool showingInputGUI = cGUI.showingInputGUI;

The remaining code in DoFixedUpdate() is the detection for the Options screen.  So we just need to disable that when cInput is up. So add the following just before it:

if ((UFE.isCInputInstalled && UFE.config.inputOptions.inputManagerType == InputManagerType.cInput)
            && showingInputGUI) {
            // disable controls button while setting controls.
            optionsPanel.SetActive(false);
        } else {
            optionsPanel.SetActive(true);

this is an incomplete if statement, so go to the end of the DoFixedUpdate function and add a:

}

just before the its closing } there.  Also indent the section you've now put into the else condition, so it looks neat smile.

Don't forget to assign the Options panel in the Inspector of the Options Prefab!  You may need to redesign your menu to suit (just put everything into a panel to easily disable it all at once).

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

YumChaGames wrote:

Yeah, I noticed this too. We missed this one on the last update.

Here's the fix (for DefaultOptionsScreen.cs, but apply it to your own custom if you're using one):

First, declare a GameObject for our Options panel (we'll disable this when cInput is on):

public GameObject optionsPanel;

then inside:

public override void DoFixedUpdate (){

at the end of the Axis declarations, add the following bool:

bool showingInputGUI = cGUI.showingInputGUI;

The remaining code in DoFixedUpdate() is the detection for the Options screen.  So we just need to disable that when cInput is up. So add the following just before it:

if ((UFE.isCInputInstalled && UFE.config.inputOptions.inputManagerType == InputManagerType.cInput)
            && showingInputGUI) {
            // disable controls button while setting controls.
            optionsPanel.SetActive(false);
        } else {
            optionsPanel.SetActive(true);

this is an incomplete if statement, so go to the end of the DoFixedUpdate function and add a:

}

just before the its closing } there.  Also indent the section you've now put into the else condition, so it looks neat smile.

Don't forget to assign the Options panel in the Inspector of the Options Prefab!  You may need to redesign your menu to suit (just put everything into a panel to easily disable it all at once).

Awesome!  Thank you so much