Topic: Bouncy stage idea

I have an idea for a game where the characters are fighting in a bouncy house or like a Jello stage of some sorts. For this, I wish to enable the camera for strafing, which I can see has been covered in this forum. the characters are flying in the bouncy house, of which reacts every time the character hits the wall by projecting them in a trampoline fashion (the harder they hit the wall, the harder they fly off of it).

I'm wondering if this is possible to do? Is it possible for the characters idle to be moving, such that no matter what your character is flying straight and you merely change the direction they are flying in?  Would this require a lot of programming?

Let me know and thank you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Bouncy stage idea

Basically I'm wondering if there's a way to make the fall and jump animation be the idle stance and for there to be some sort of way to get the stage To react to the characters such that the characters bounce from one wall to another

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Bouncy stage idea

It's possible, but that's quite a bit of modding you'll need to make.  I'd start with PhysicsScript.cs and maybe something about the stage (maybe you need more colliders, not just the ground plane?  Not sure).  I'm guessing it'll be easier to have some other script (like a StageScript) that communicates with PhysicsScript and you control the bouncing via that.

If you do add more colliders, just be aware that's eating into Unity physics calculations, which currently there is only 1 of (checking if you're grounded).

Thumbs up Thumbs down