Topic: Issue on pressing button twice

Hello Friends,
We are developing game in which we need to to trigger two types of attack on same button.

On pressing button it should trigger animation which gives one hit to opponent and on pressing button twice it should trigger animation which gives two hit to opponent.

both animations are different and we need to execute on single button press and double button press respectively.

We have tried many ways but the execution is not smoother.

Sometimes it trigger first animation only and and some  time it trigger second animation only.

Any idea for it?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Issue on pressing button twice

I'm not sure I understood the problem. If I understood correctly, pressing the button once should trigger a move, and pressing that same button twice should trigger a different move (without triggering the first). Is there any game using that kind of button combination that you can show me as an example?

PS: On a side note, please tell your associate not to use the review system from the Asset Store as a chat area, as I don't think he understood the link I sent him.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Hi Mistermind,
I will  not asset store revieq  in future for sure.
Can you please  explain what shadow fight is doing?b
On pressing single button it allows single attack and pressing button twice it allows move  which does two attack.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mbhagat wrote:

Hi Mistermind,
On pressing single button it allows single attack and pressing button twice it allows move  which does two attack.

You can try a similar approach to Mecanim Bot/Joan's Hyakuretsukyaku (UFE\Characters\Mecanim_Joan\Moves\Hyakuretsukyaku.asset).

Notice that under the button sequence we have Button 4 pressed twice, followed by Button 4 as button execution. This means that if you press Button 4 three times it will trigger a move different than what Button 4 would be.

In your case, you can try using Button 4 once as sequence then once again as execution. This means that if you press Button 4 once, the move assigned to Button 4 will trigger, but if you press twice, this other move will come out instead.

Here is an example:
http://www.screencast.com/t/Cqcaz7x1

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Mistermind wrote:
mbhagat wrote:

Hi Mistermind,

You can try a similar approach to Mecanim Bot/Joan's Hyakuretsukyaku (UFE\Characters\Mecanim_Joan\Moves\Hyakuretsukyaku.asset).

Notice that under the button sequence we have Button 4 pressed twice, followed by Button 4 as button execution. This means that if you press Button 4 three times it will trigger a move different than what Button 4 would be.

In your case, you can try using Button 4 once as sequence then once again as execution. This means that if you press Button 4 once, the move assigned to Button 4 will trigger, but if you press twice, this other move will come out instead.

Here is an example:
http://www.screencast.com/t/Cqcaz7x1

i use this method and works really well.

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.