Topic: Regarding Unity 5.2

The bad news:
Due to some heavy changes on internal components inside Unity, UFE will not be supported in Unity 5.2. For UFE 1.6,use version 5.1.3 instead.

The good news:
I was able to get UFE (hardly) working on 5.3 beta. There are still a lot of errors and visual glitches still present, but at least we are making some progress.

I believe they will be releasing Unity 5.3 around December. Lets hope we can get UFE 1.7 clean when this becomes official. I'll be looking closely at their beta updates in the meantime.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Re: Regarding Unity 5.2

Unity 5.3 was released Today:

Looking forward to seeing if it works with UFE this time!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

3 (edited by MrPonton 2015-12-08 14:53:52)

I can't speak for the exact issues being fixed as MisterMind would best be able to verify. Here is what I was able to do with a fresh 5.3 install build:

1. Installed Unity 5.3 onto a computer that didn't have Unity before.
2. Downloaded my project via Git onto said computer (Previously running 100% fine on Unity 5.1.2f / 5.1.3)
3. Opened the Project and ran TrainingRoom scene
4. Failed to run due to Gradient.cs class using deprecated inheritance (Resolved by updating script from here
5. Attempted to relaunch TrainingRoom
6. Prompted that some shaders and scripts needed to be updated for Unity 5.3 and accepted prompt
7. Attempted to relaunch TrainingRoom
8. Was able to view the main menu UI with the exception that Text alignment and sizing for buttons was way off, otherwise worked.
9. Character Select & Stage Select appeared to function correctly for me with the same exception of Text display issues.
10. Battle GUI appeared to function correctly also for me with the same exception of Text display issues.

Otherwise I was able to perform combos on characters without any issues noticeable, including completing a versus match.

Hope that helps

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

MrPonton wrote:

I can't speak for the exact issues being fixed as MisterMind would best be able to verify. Here is what I was able to do with a fresh 5.3 install build:

1. Installed Unity 5.3 onto a computer that didn't have Unity before.
2. Downloaded my project via Git onto said computer (Previously running 100% fine on Unity 5.1.2f / 5.1.3)
3. Opened the Project and ran TrainingRoom scene
4. Failed to run due to Gradient.cs class using deprecated inheritance (Resolved by updating script from here
5. Attempted to relaunch TrainingRoom
6. Prompted that some shaders and scripts needed to be updated for Unity 5.3 and accepted prompt
7. Attempted to relaunch TrainingRoom
8. Was able to view the main menu UI with the exception that Text alignment and sizing for buttons was way off, otherwise worked.
9. Character Select & Stage Select appeared to function correctly for me with the same exception of Text display issues.
10. Battle GUI appeared to function correctly also for me with the same exception of Text display issues.

Otherwise I was able to perform combos on characters without any issues noticeable, including completing a versus match.

Hope that helps

Compared to the amount of issues that were going on with running UFE on Unity 5.2, this is actually a very good report. Unity 5.3 must have been a update that Unity Tech. took their time on releasing.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

5 (edited by mayureshete 2015-12-13 00:24:40)

Using UFE 1.6 with Unity 5.1, with few adjustments everything was normal...

Upgraded Unity to 5.3 and im experiencing Drop in frame rate on mobile devices.

Frame rates on mobile devices were normal when using unity 5.1.( same project)

installing unity 5.1 again will let u guys know after testing.

Edit FrameRate is normal on 5.1.2

Edit: My bad removed all shadows from Background Assets, FPS now stays above 40 all the time.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm already working on the conversions. I'll let you guys know when I start packaging 1.7.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.