Topic: Final IK

Hi,
I'm planing to use Final IK with UFE 1.7.
Would that work together?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Final IK

teto wrote:

Hi,
I'm planing to use Final IK with UFE 1.7.
Would that work together?

Seeing as 1.7 will be designed for Unity 5.3, which hasn't released yet, we may have to wait until 5.3 releases and UFE gets tested on it by the devs. I'm sure that by then, you will have a answer on if Final IK can work on it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thank you for answering.

Seeing as 1.7 will be designed for Unity 5.3, which hasn't released yet, we may have to wait until 5.3 releases and UFE gets tested on it by the devs. I'm sure that by then, you will have a answer on if Final IK can work on it.

You are right.
Well then, in other words, Final IK works fine with UFE for now?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

teto wrote:

Thank you for answering.

You are right.
Well then, in other words, Final IK works fine with UFE for now?

I don't own that asset so I can't test it out with it, but if you have it, you can create a new test project, import UFE into it, and use Final IK with it to see if it works. If it works well, you can use it with your main project.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh, OK. Thanks anyway.
I'm doing homework about this topic before beginning my project.
I'd like to hear your opinion, the developers?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I can't tell from their Asset Store description - is Final IK a realtime solution only, or does it also allow you to bake new animations created from their system (i.e. into a new clip)?

UFE currently uses Unity Animation Clips.  In theory, it should be possible to dynamically change the animation clip with Final IK at runtime.  And I suspect hitboxes may even behave as expected (move to new positions based on Final IK).  However, I have not tested this so I can't confirm.

I would expect odd behaviour from Rect hitboxes (so stick with Circles for now).

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I see but I was able to get insights to alter my designing principle, thank to you.
I'm looking forward to UFE 1.7.
See you then!

Thumbs up Thumbs down