Re: Z - axis movement

Any way I can use this to make my fighting game function like Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm or Pokken Tournament's non-dual phase? That's the direction I want to go, but what would I have to do?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It could be possible, but Im not familiar with the specific mechanics of those games.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Steviebops wrote:

It could be possible, but Im not familiar with the specific mechanics of those games.

I just need to be able to move freely around the 3 dimensional arena while still aiming attacks at the opponent. The Arena would have boundaries and the camera would zoom in and out depending on how close players are to each other. Projectiles would automatically go in the direction of the foe, and so on. If you want, I could link a video of the gameplay.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Your best bet is to save a copy of all the original scripts. you might also look into a source control software, like sourcetree, so it's easier to manage changes.

In most cases you are adding to the existing scripts, Ive left the method names in so you know where they go.

As UFE is not open source, I can't post the full classes, so Ive tried to only post changes.

Ufe is completely open sourced if you have source versio

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:

Ufe is completely open sourced if you have source versio

Right, but he was saying he doesn't want to post the paid-for code into the public (which would be open-source) since the public isn't able to access the source without paying.

That said, mentioning the classes holds no value without knowing the inner code within the classes and how they interact. That's why when doing source tutorials those of us who paid for the source limit the amount of base-code we share when saying how to modify it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down