Topic: how to add a new background

I had a background created of a palace. The artist sent it to me as a FBX file but I have no Idea how to add to my selectable background list. Any video tutorials anywhere? Thanks!

Re: how to add a new background

1.) Duplicate the "TrainingRoom"-prefab, drag it to a new scene and delete everything except the plane with the mesh-collider. Don't move or change that plane, it's the groundplane.

2.) Add your models, lights etc. and create a new prefab from that scene.

3.) Add this prefab to your stages in UFE-config.

shubi's Website

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

When I add the fbx file to the UFE-config screen it does not show up as a selectable option. I should add that I was not able to duplicate the training room prefab but this file was sent to me as a prefab...from what it looks like.

chameleoncreations wrote:

When I add the fbx file to the UFE-config screen it does not show up as a selectable option. I should add that I was not able to duplicate the training room prefab but this file was sent to me as a prefab...from what it looks like.

After making the stage like the previous poster mentioned, drag the whole prefab out of the Hierarchy tab (rename it also if necessary), and then make a new stage in the UFE Global Config>Stage Options tab, give it a name, drag the prefab into its appropriate box, and give it a preview picture so it has it's own picture in the stage select menu.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Awesome! Worked great guys. Thank you so much.