Topic: "Fight!" announce duration

a little question, how can i make the "fight!" announce before the battle last a little longer? well, basically the prefight time when the characters are still and can't move

thanks

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

Re: "Fight!" announce duration

I think the amount of time before players can start is hardcoded. If you search for StartFight() in UFE.cs, you will see that amount of time is fixed as 2 seconds.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

lonelyinnovation wrote:

I think the amount of time before players can start is hardcoded. If you search for StartFight() in UFE.cs, you will see that amount of time is fixed as 2 seconds.

so, it can't be changed? or maybe the FIGHT! text duration...

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

4 (edited by lonelyinnovation 2016-03-15 21:49:08)

Well, I think it cant be changed via the editor. However, it can be changed in the code, if you have access to the source. I have tested it myself by changing that value.

I think it is OK to modify that value to suit your needs. The only problem is when you update the package you may loose the modification.

Cheers

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

lonelyinnovation wrote:

Well, I think it cant be changed via the editor. However, it can be changed in the code, if you have access to the source. I have tested it myself by changing that value.

I think it is OK to modify that value to suit your needs. The only problem is when you update the package you may loose the modification.

Cheers

i'll give it a go... my engine is heavy modificated now, for some minor things, but at times can be a great change, i haven't even updated to 1.7 yet

Can't find startFight() in the ufe.cs file...

found it... well, it makes the wait before the fight announcer a bit longer, but what i actually want is to be able to do is to get control of thecharacter after the word "fight" dissapears, like this very first change from street fighter x tekken back to 2013

[media]https://youtu.be/ijkXlbGo-M8?t=15s[/media]