1 (edited by jerreldulay 2017-03-08 06:38:40)

Topic: Animelee - Animal Combat *MAJOR UPDATE, RPG Battle Mode!

G'day everyone,

*MAJOR UPDATE*
We've recently updated our game to include even more items to equip to your animal fighters, and an intense, zombie-centered RPG Battle mode. This new gameplay integrates into the main fighting modes. We hope you have fun with it! We're almost to 17,500 players worldwide! Once we hit that number, we'll be adding an adorable new character to the roster! Thanks again so much to the UFE developers and awesome UFE users for being so supportive. UFE truly is a brilliant engine.
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECDw3NvW2Ac[/media]
Zompocalypse Trailer

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdNS8HZvp6I[/media]
Reveal Trailer
We're excited to announce our newly released free mobile fighting game, Animelee.
You can find it on the Google Play store, on the App Store for iphones, and coming soon to Windows Phones!

You can see all the characters, videos, and updates here on our website! www.animeleegame.com

Character Trailers
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNeYI1lBfY8[/media]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSTJSRFmKBE[/media]

We're really looking forward to you joining us and having a blast in Animelee!

Thumbs up +5 Thumbs down

Re: Animelee - Animal Combat *MAJOR UPDATE, RPG Battle Mode!

This looks amazing!  Can't wait to download it and give it a go.  Could you shed some light on which scripts you edited to get the power up trasformations to work?

immortalfray wrote:

This looks amazing!  Can't wait to download it and give it a go.  Could you shed some light on which scripts you edited to get the power up trasformations to work?

Thank you, mate! To implement transformations with power ups, we modified CharacterInfo and the CharacterEditorWindow.
CharacterInfo stores the information such as power and speed modifiers. CharacterEditorWindow lets us expose the values in the editor so we can adjust for each character accordingly.

Secondly, we worked with ControlScript and PhysicsScript.
These scripts can be modified to implement any power or ability modifiers you create. Functions such as "DamageMe" are easy to understand once you give them a reading. That is where any modifications to damage output are made. PhysicsScript lets us adjust things such as any extra air jumps, air attacks, and movement speed.

Cheers!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

That's great thank you so much.  I've been working on other projects but I'd like to see if I can make this happen. I love the way your game turned out it stand out from other fighters I've seen so far.

this is really strange, but very interesting!

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

Thank you, cheers!
immortalfray if you get stuck on implementing the transformations, feel free to fire an questions our way.
Cheers

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Actually. I'm looking into Transformations for one of my characters. if you dont mind helping me too

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

8 (edited by immortalfray 2016-06-18 20:06:20)

jerreldulay wrote:

Thank you, cheers!
immortalfray if you get stuck on implementing the transformations, feel free to fire an questions our way.
Cheers

Ok so after looking at the scripts, Im assuming inside characterInfo script I create variables for when the character is in a powered up state.  Like PoweredUpMoveBackSpeed or PoweredUpMultiJumps. Then Ill expose these in the editor through the CharacterEditorWindow  Is this also where I could make reference to an alternate prefab?  Like super sayan 1 can switch models with super sayan 2? Then Ill use physics and control script to apply to a character?  would I need to mod the MoveSetScript to trigger the transformation?  If its easier for me to pm you or create a new thread I can so I dont troll your post for your game.  Thank you again for your guidance youre game is really amazing!

http://i.imgur.com/3mg5HSd.png

Hi mate,
you're on the right track.
It's best if you create a new topic and PM me the link. That way other people can see the discussion and benefit from it.
You will need to modify the moveset script as well. You'll need to give moves a bool value on whether or not they trigger transformations. Animelee features temporary transformations and a reversion process, so we implemented a value for that duration. You're right about exposing the values in editor so you can adjust them per character easily. That sort of code you can easily copy and paste what is existing in the source files.

You can create new values for the physics and controlscript scripts to use instead of the default values. It just depends on personal preference. Personally, we use percentage modifiers. For example, when Chicken transforms, his transformSpeedMod changes from 1f to 1.75f. This way, our physics script can just include the transformSpeedMod into the original equation to save us from having to write an if...then and make multiple equations. (speed = moveForwardSpeed * transformSpeedMod), etc.

Best of luck! Cheers!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Thank you very much I'll do that!

immortalfray wrote:

Thank you very much I'll do that!

No worries! The game is out now for free on Android! Please give it a try and let us know what you think!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Downloaded! What a trip! Genius. I really like your particle use

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ive downloaded it as well and I like how the game handles and pace of the AI.

Hi jerreldulay, I was wondering if you could take a look at my post here http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=3858#p3858 and provide your input please smile.

Hi fellas, thanks a lot for trying the game. I appreciate it. I hope you had fun with it!

immortalfray wrote:

Hi jerreldulay, I was wondering if you could take a look at my post here http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=3858#p3858 and provide your input please smile.

Sure thing, I'll have a look now, cheers!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

138 reviews (counting mine) on the Play Store and counting! Congrats guys, looks like it's starting to take off.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

christougher wrote:

138 reviews (counting mine) on the Play Store and counting! Congrats guys, looks like it's starting to take off.

Thank you greatly for your support and your review. We really appreciate it! Every support really helps us.
We just added the Shark Update as the new free DLC character!

http://sungrandstudios.com/images/resources/articles/charJoinShark.jpg

We've also added Daily Boss Battles, which streams from our server. Every day, a new Boss of varying power levels (1-9) becomes available, and if players beat them, they can recruit that animal into their party. They can use these animals in the upcoming Zompocalypse mode, which we'll launch once we hit 10,000 players.

http://sungrandstudios.com/images/resources/articles/boss.jpg

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Thank you so much for your guidance jerreldulay!  I was able to implement the transformation feature successfully which modifies the look of the player, speed, jump force, and damage output.  I owe you a favor and Animelee is a fun brawler!

immortalfray wrote:

Thank you so much for your guidance jerreldulay!  I was able to implement the transformation feature successfully which modifies the look of the player, speed, jump force, and damage output.  I owe you a favor and Animelee is a fun brawler!

No worries matey, glad I could be of help. We just had a major update so I updated the top post in this threat. Now we've got an RPG battling mode, zombies, and a ton of weapons for the fighters to use!

Thumbs up Thumbs down