Topic: Video script for intro

Hi!

We want to put a video as the intro for our game, and we figure we could use the video script that ufe uses for the logo intro, but i've noticed that the video runs a little slow, a bit chopped and in a format called ogv wich i tried to convert a video to using vlc but didn't work.

Any recomendations on how to improve the video quality or any other way to play a video in the intro prefab?

thanks!

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

Re: Video script for intro

Good question... I am trying to use a video splash screen for the opening of my game....

Answer:
I had the same quiz earlier but I found how to do it,
go to the Global Editor > GUI Options > Screens > Intro Screen ,
[img]Desktop/1.jpg[/img]
& Open it,
So You can notice this engine only accept .ogv files
[img]Desktop/2.jpg[/img]
in cause of that go to this linkhttps://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8kig … 241MHVpMm8 and download the converter and convert your intro video file to .ogv ,
and strider asked for the quality of video : try using .mp4 file format video file converting to .ogv , it would be work !

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That is so obscure and complicated.

Hi,

well, in the end i converted my intro file into OGV using VLC player (it's free and it reads anything! even the palm of your hand!) and put that file into the vidoe intro asset already in ufe--- runs fine, the only problem is that OGV has a lot of compresion and the quality isn't top notch.

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

I did this and it worked perfectly fine for me.

The better your mp4 file prior to turning it to ogv the better your ogv will be.

So if your mp4 is running at high quality
the off will be close to same quality. Still high quality but albeit not as much. But still good

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

7 (edited by knightgabriel4eva 2018-06-03 20:56:33)

i added video ogv format but its not working sad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

now the video works but the audio is gone..

Thumbs up Thumbs down

is it possible to load video on character intro instead of move?

Thumbs up Thumbs down