1 (edited by Mistermind 2016-09-28 15:23:52)

Topic: UFE 1.8 Official Thread

1.8 is out with several new features! Check out the changelog to see what is new.

Version: 1.8.3

Change Log:
http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/changelog

Release Status:

How to update your copy of UFE:
http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/changelog … _ufe_build

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Re: UFE 1.8 Official Thread

Yeah!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sweet.

Yessssssssssss, it's happening!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

AWESOME!

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

I'm starting the packaging process. Like before, it might take a while to get all versions updated, but I'll make sure to have all of them sent/updated by the end of the month.

MrPonton wrote:

Will the Online add-on then be available for separate purchase?

And yes MrPonton, this time I'll make sure wink

7 (edited by immortalfray 2016-09-15 07:10:18)

Sick, doing transformations will be easy.  I like that you can add force to an opponent in mid air.

8 (edited by KRGraphics 2016-09-15 08:22:04)

Alternate Costumes

-- FUCK YEAH!!! my most wanted feature and it cuts down on more unnecessary work I have to do. Including copy character files. Could we have more than two?

Gauge Drain

-- FUCK YEAH!!!!!

Round Fade in?

Will that be like Killer Instinct and MKX where there are no rounds and I can set it to no fade during battles)

“Requires Press First” (useful for Focus attack like moves)

-- Much like my character's charge punch move called "Orbital Breaker"

Assets
Robot Kyle's new move: Stance Switch (Down x 3 → Button 1; needs 100% meter, drain over time). While in Stance 2, you can use Focus Attack (Button 6).

Could this be set up like in Injustice where you press both triggers and it will trigger their ultimate move? Or even a special ability? I would love to see that as a secondary meter.

I would also review level options such as adding specific skyboxes to your levels, Global Illumination, and camera overrides (such as having specific posteffects active per stage). We also need overrides in the move options for stuff like material changes, such as freezing people like Sub Zero

oh nice update smile

Im surprised a score counter hasn't been added yet to arcade/story mode with a top 20 high score yet like in classic fighting games

I would also change in the Block Animations, Standing Low Hit to Standing Mid Hit... just to avoid future confusing

Glad to see you back! Maybe we can actually get an option to set gui lifebars behind characters. I dont think no one was able to figure it out. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This is awesome... also will the gauge drain work on the opponent as well... such as I have a move called Soul Siphon, which drains a bit of the opponent's meter... will this be possible...

If you are using Mecanim, all prefabs must use the same avatar (set under Move Sets option).

I hope this also means the same animation controller... because right now I am struggling with getting this to work with generic rigging and I am being forced to switch to humanoid...

14 (edited by immortalfray 2016-09-28 20:59:54)

This is so great.  I love the new stance switch system.  Is there any way Mistermind you could point me towards which scripts I should look at if I want to test integration with Photon?  I saw here http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/global:network that we could build our own server structure on top of the existing one if we wanted to use Photon so I want to play around and see what I can do.  I have little experience with networking so I wanted your input.

immortalfray wrote:

This is so great.  I love the new stance switch system.  Is there any way Mistermind you could point me towards which scripts I should look at if I want to test integration with Photon?  I saw here http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/global:network that we could build our own server structure on top of the existing one if we wanted to use Photon so I want to play around and see what I can do.  I have little experience with networking so I wanted your input.

Mistermind briefly mentioned a few things in this post:
http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=3063#p3063

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Twrmois wrote:
immortalfray wrote:

Mistermind briefly mentioned a few things in this post:
http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=3063#p3063

Thank you! Once this semester is over I'm going to take a stab at it.

That is awesome mastermind !!! thank you for this update >>

immortalfray wrote:

Also wanted to state the same desire of putting Photon integration with UFE, I know it has been discussed before and I know it is planned for UFE 2.0 >> but my question would be more like when do you think UFE 2.0 could see the light? any rough estimate date?

thank you again for such a nice asset.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hello, i want to create a Multiplayer Fighting game. As mention this plugin support P2P Networking, that work's in Mobile devices too?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

abhishekshrivastava1191 wrote:

Hello, i want to create a Multiplayer Fighting game. As mention this plugin support P2P Networking, that work's in Mobile devices too?

Yes it works in mobile devices. You can also choose to use Bluetooth as well.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

UFE 1.8.1 is now available in all versions and selling platforms. Update includes minor fixes, a few forum suggestions and Control Freak 2.0 support.

Mistermind wrote:

UFE 1.8.1 is now available in all versions and selling platforms. Update includes minor fixes, a few forum suggestions and Control Freak 2.0 support.

I hope this fixes my issues with stand-up animations after knockouts

22 (edited by MrPonton 2016-11-21 12:10:47)

Mistermind wrote:

The mirrored particle effect system seems to properly flip the hit/hurt boxes correctly. However, my particle effect is not mirrored still sad.

http://i.imgur.com/D3kQEHc.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MrPonton wrote:

The mirrored particle effect system seems to properly flip the hit/hurt boxes correctly. However, my particle effect is not mirrored still :

The problem isn't really in the option, but rather how particle effects behave on their own. Like the suggested mod made by YumChaGames at the time, it basically forces the game object to rotate 180 degrees, but the components and math done to create the particle effect inside can easily override that treatment:

if (particleEffect.particleEffect.mirrorOn2PSide && mirror > 0) {
                        pTemp.transform.localEulerAngles = new Vector3(pTemp.transform.localEulerAngles.x, pTemp.transform.localEulerAngles.y + 180, pTemp.transform.localEulerAngles.z);
                    }

Since the game object is only acting as a container, the effects you are using are most likely using their own behaviors to guide themselves on the screen.

Mistermind wrote:
MrPonton wrote:

The mirrored particle effect system seems to properly flip the hit/hurt boxes correctly. However, my particle effect is not mirrored still :

The problem isn't really in the option, but rather how particle effects behave on their own. Like the suggested mod made by YumChaGames at the time, it basically forces the game object to rotate 180 degrees, but the components and math done to create the particle effect inside can easily override that treatment:

pTemp.transform.localEulerAngles = new Vector3(pTemp.transform.localEulerAngles.x, pTemp.transform.localEulerAngles.y + 180, pTemp.transform.localEulerAngles.z);
                    }

Since the game object is only acting as a container, the effects you are using are most likely using their own behaviors to guide themselves on the screen.

Got it, it was an issue with my PE. Now, however I've noticed that the Impact Prefab isn't being mirrored by the way. Verified that on both left and right sides with Mirror on Right Side enabled it shows the Y rotation of being 0.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MrPonton wrote:
Mistermind wrote:
MrPonton wrote:

}

Got it, it was an issue with my PE. Now, however I've noticed that the Impact Prefab isn't being mirrored by the way. Verified that on both left and right sides with Mirror on Right Side enabled it shows the Y rotation of being 0.

By the looks of this, there is no permanent fix to this problem? Then how do we get around this issue with the lower versions of UFE? I was looking at the mod that was made and I'm not a programmer but it looked like it would have been something I added to the new builds.

Also that mecanim mirror bug is driving me crazy. Same with the animation of the character standing between rounds, the character will just pop up. Hopefully that will get fixed.