Re: UFE 1.8 Official Thread

MrPonton wrote:

Got it, it was an issue with my PE. Now, however I've noticed that the Impact Prefab isn't being mirrored by the way. Verified that on both left and right sides with Mirror on Right Side enabled it shows the Y rotation of being 0.

Yeah you right. I forgot to add that option to the impact prefab. I'll add it to the upcoming features page. Thanks for reminding me.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

KRGraphics wrote:
MrPonton wrote:
Mistermind wrote:

The problem isn't really in the option, but rather how particle effects behave on their own. Like the suggested mod made by YumChaGames at the time, it basically forces the game object to rotate 180 degrees, but the components and math done to create the particle effect inside can easily override that treatment:

if (particleEffect.particleEffect.mirrorOn2PSide && mirror > 0) {
                        pTemp.transform.localEulerAngles = new Vector3(pTemp.transform.localEulerAngles.x, pTemp.transform.localEulerAngles.y + 180, pTemp.transform.localEulerAngles.z);
                    }

Since the game object is only acting as a container, the effects you are using are most likely using their own behaviors to guide themselves on the screen.

Got it, it was an issue with my PE. Now, however I've noticed that the Impact Prefab isn't being mirrored by the way. Verified that on both left and right sides with Mirror on Right Side enabled it shows the Y rotation of being 0.

By the looks of this, there is no permanent fix to this problem? Then how do we get around this issue with the lower versions of UFE? I was looking at the mod that was made and I'm not a programmer but it looked like it would have been something I added to the new builds.

Also that mecanim mirror bug is driving me crazy. Same with the animation of the character standing between rounds, the character will just pop up. Hopefully that will get fixed.

I'm not exactly sure what you're explaining, concerning the problem at hand.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

There was an issues with stand up animations, not triggering between rounds. And for particles, I hope this will fix my issue where particles from hit effects were going the wrong way on the P2 side

I am getting error message after i update to the lasted release

Thumbs up Thumbs down

timmcgee2001 wrote:

I am getting error message after i update to the lasted release

It would be helpful if you could provide the error message being displayed. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I updated it no I getting a error message ?

Hello How do I fix it

Thumbs up Thumbs down

copying temp export

The process cannot accesss the file because it is being used by another process

Thumbs up Thumbs down

timmcgee2001 wrote:

copying temp export

The process cannot accesss the file because it is being used by another process

Could you provide a screenshot as well? I haven't had this problem in UFE before. Is the project location in a place that you have user access to?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

how do? i add a screen shot i have two screen shot

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Is 1.8 working with Unity 5.5 or should I wait? There is a lot I want to update, especially graphically...

It said the associate script can not be loaded please fix any compile errors and assign a valid scripts

also

assembly csarp first pass load failed
object reference not sent to an instance of an object

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Should definitely add an option that lets us add as many gauge bars as we need.

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

KRGraphics wrote:

Is 1.8 working with Unity 5.5 or should I wait? There is a lot I want to update, especially graphically...

Haven't tested 5.5 but I'll be testing 5.6 soon, I'll let you know how it works.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:

Should definitely add an option that lets us add as many gauge bars as we need.

This is an upcoming feature.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

timmcgee2001 wrote:

It said the associate script can not be loaded please fix any compile errors and assign a valid scripts

also

assembly csarp first pass load failed
object reference not sent to an instance of an object

The first part means there was an error compiling a script, if it was a UFE related one, you should try reimporting the asset (except the example files, if you added those.)

Last part basically means that Unity is trying to load something that doesn't exist anymore or hasn't been assigned to something. If you can state when that message is being said, I can tell you what might be wrong.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

UFE Users: The standard UFE project works fine in Unity 5.6 beta. Always remember to make a backup if you upgrade, as if you have personal scripts that you've made yourself, they may or may not be compatible.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Good to know. Any issues with bugs?

KRGraphics wrote:

Good to know. Any issues with bugs?

From my time testing it, there hasn't been any bugs. If your project works in at least Unity 5.3, it should work in 5.6. But this can vary from project to project- again, make sure to create a backup if you download version 5.6.

There are however some Editor based bugs that I haven't encountered yet but Unity has noted them:

-Animation: Crash when previewing clip in AW. (851483)
-Animation: Selecting a curve preset in the Importer generates error (854799)
-Animation: [CurveEditor] Dragging keyframes after shift selection gives erroneous results. (857435)
-Animation: [CurveEditor] Pasting keys in curve editor pastes all keys instead of selected keys. (859125)
-Asset Pipeline: Referencing UnityEditor.iOS.Extensions.Xcode throws exception after reimporting assets. (778581)
-Editor: Handles in the scene view are incorrectly offset by 2 points (856685)
-Facebook: Build settings window becomes unresponsive when switching to Facebook platform (845601)
-Facebook: Null reference exception after launching editor with Facebook module installed (845743)
-Facebook: Player settings are missing when Facebook module is installed (845604)
-GI: On new projects, graphic settings are not initialized correctly, so realtime GI and shadows are missing. Workaround is to save and re-start Unity. (858159)
-Particles: Crash when a particle system is sub-emitter of more than one other particle system. (857065)

If I discover any bugs specific to UFE, I'll list them here.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I hope you guys realize Baked GI doesn't work with UFE. Unity no longer allows writing GI to prefabs so you may need to find another method for stage creation.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwv1tygwrtgvl3z/Screenshot%202016-12-27%2017.35.09.png?raw=1

So, in this scene, I have Global Illumination enable. But once I turn this into a prefab for a level, I will lose ALL OF THIS. With the way levels are done, I would have to script all of the option I need... not fun. I seriously hope you guys look into a way to use the Unity scene files to build levels.

Bug: Trying to view the animation for a move crashes the editor. (5.6)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

KRGraphics wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwv1tygwrtgvl3z/Screenshot%202016-12-27%2017.35.09.png?raw=1

So, in this scene, I have Global Illumination enable. But once I turn this into a prefab for a level, I will lose ALL OF THIS. With the way levels are done, I would have to script all of the option I need... not fun. I seriously hope you guys look into a way to use the Unity scene files to build levels.

This might be supported in a future update. In the meantime, you could script an alternative, or find another way to have impressive visuals in your levels for the time being.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Twrmois wrote:
KRGraphics wrote:

This might be supported in a future update. In the meantime, you could script an alternative, or find another way to have impressive visuals in your levels for the time being.

I can save the reflection probes with no problems, it's the GI that I lose. I have a script to save lightmaps into prefabs, but it's flaky as hell

Any news on 2.0 ?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

hollysephiroth wrote:

Any news on 2.0 ?

Well we're on 1.8 1 we still need 1.9 , 1.9.1 before 2.0

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down