Topic: Root Animation Issues

Hello all,

I have searched through the various topics about root motion animations in the forum but still need help. I am having the issue where after a throw animation is performed, the character slides back to the original position instead of standing where they are. Would anyone possibly be able to Skype or email to help me with this issue? I am abit confused based on the past troubleshooting topics.

Thank you,

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2 (edited by KRGraphics 2016-09-18 10:48:10)

Re: Root Animation Issues

Are you using mecanim? What kind of throw? If you are using mecanim for the throw result, make sure that bake pose and original are set for the first two mecamin options.

This happened to me initially when I added my characters forward walking animation. And those two options helped alot

Would you happen to have a Skype account? This way I could walk you through my settings. It is Mecanim and a Powerbomb wrestling move.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm not at home unfortunately. Can you show me a screen shot of the mecanim settings and movelist... you may need to enable root motion for the throw

5 (edited by christougher 2016-09-18 16:50:10)

Some animations don't contain "root motion" curves. If you play it in the inspector preview does it do a similar jump?    This was very much a challenge for me to understand and get some animations to work right on my non UFE project. You should hopefully be able to figure it out by looking at the imported fbx under the animations tab. Here are a few videos that could help if there's no root motion to begin with.  Even with animations that don't come with root motion it's possible to author the root motion within unity but it's messy.

https://youtu.be/Kn6jxLWA31M

https://youtu.be/llkm951k5qE

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I usually just animate with root motion and keep it disabled in the engine... it helps me with getting the move looking as naturally as possible.

Hi can any one of you guide me I have an issue with the animation Throwreaction animation is miss some how and also work correctly some time in the round so plz guide me where the issue is correctly???
Thanks a lot.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

gamearcad wrote:

Hi can any one of you guide me I have an issue with the animation Throwreaction animation is miss some how and also work correctly some time in the round so plz guide me where the issue is correctly???
Thanks a lot.

Hey so I haven't worked with throws but when a character is sliding back to the original position you need to make sure the root is set to the character.

Uhm not like an expert so sorry if im wrong in explaining it.

But when you see the preview of the animation (when you click on the animation and look at it in preview like normal no UFE) and you see the bottom circle staying in one spot without moving with the character there is your problem. If it is moving with the character then there is another problem.

Hope this helps.

Thumbs up Thumbs down