Topic: need help with weapon trail

does anybody know how to add trail to weaponary attack?
there is a an older tutorial with Xweapon tutorial but that doesnt work with 1.8
so i cant use that anymore

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: need help with weapon trail

I didn't use XWeapon just because i was really advanced on development when i found out, But you can use the "Trail Renderer" that comes with unity.

Simple, create an Empty game object, set it's position to 0,0,0 and so it's rotation, so you won't have problems spawning out of place. Click add component and add a Trail Renderer, it's a simple and clear component that asks for a material and some other values like Start Width, End Width, time (how long  the trail is).

Turn it into a prefab and then in your Particle effects tab in your character move file select your prefab, the casting frame, body part, and don't forget to set it as "Sticky".

Now your move has a Trail.

Hope it helps!

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

Re: need help with weapon trail

StriderSpinel wrote:

I didn't use XWeapon just because i was really advanced on development when i found out, But you can use the "Trail Renderer" that comes with unity.

Simple, create an Empty game object, set it's position to 0,0,0 and so it's rotation, so you won't have problems spawning out of place. Click add component and add a Trail Renderer, it's a simple and clear component that asks for a material and some other values like Start Width, End Width, time (how long  the trail is).

Turn it into a prefab and then in your Particle effects tab in your character move file select your prefab, the casting frame, body part, and don't forget to set it as "Sticky".

Now your move has a Trail.

Hope it helps!

thnx i tried but i need to figure out how to set start and end polint

Thumbs up Thumbs down