Topic: UFE 1.6 News

Hello Mr Mind

I wanted to create this topic to check out the progress for the next update 1.6 Where Networking and story mode will be tackled in. any estimated or tentative date of delivery so far?

cheers

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: UFE 1.6 News

The next update is most likely coming after holiday season. I'll reply this thread as soon as I have more info.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Can I make a suggestion for the next update? what do you think about adding a VS screen after the stage select screen.

sorry to be a pain, any updates on 1.6 release and the features that will defo be in it?
really looking forward to story mode and vs mode (over wifi at least)... will these be in this release?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi there,
So excited about the new release, can't wait. I have one wish please. Since you will have the Story mode it will be feasible to add lock/unlock characters. I would defo do it myself if I was a programmer but unfortunately I know very very basic programming and no way I can do it myself (I tried lol).
Thank you very much for an awesome engine

Best wishes

Thumbs up Thumbs down

wazmackenzie wrote:

sorry to be a pain, any updates on 1.6 release and the features that will defo be in it?
really looking forward to story mode and vs mode (over wifi at least)... will these be in this release?

Sorry, still no firm dates just yet.  We're all just getting back into the swing of things after the break.  Shouldn't be too much longer for some news though, and I should have a video tutorial within the next week or so as well.

drraed wrote:

Hi there,
So excited about the new release, can't wait. I have one wish please. Since you will have the Story mode it will be feasible to add lock/unlock characters. I would defo do it myself if I was a programmer but unfortunately I know very very basic programming and no way I can do it myself (I tried lol).
Thank you very much for an awesome engine

Best wishes

Within our Story Mode, there are some functions we've added to assist with unlockable characters.  The exact conditions for unlocking will be up to you though, so there will be some minor coding required.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

YumChaGames wrote:

Within our Story Mode, there are some functions we've added to assist with unlockable characters.  The exact conditions for unlocking will be up to you though, so there will be some minor coding required.

AWESOME!!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

really sorry to bother you but I'm really waiting in fire. Any plans yet?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

We had a few hardware problems over the last few weeks and I had to send my main machine for repair. This will unfortunately delay the progress for at least a month. Still, no data loss, just time. I'll keep you guys updated as soon as I have any news about it.

just can't wait for the next update

Thumbs up Thumbs down

completed it mate.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Story mode is got me really excited!

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

Mistermind wrote:

We had a few hardware problems over the last few weeks and I had to send my main machine for repair. This will unfortunately delay the progress for at least a month. Still, no data loss, just time. I'll keep you guys updated as soon as I have any news about it.

Sorry about your machine. but to be honest now you have all those costumers maybe one machine isn't really enough. We love your work. Please keep us updated.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

drraed wrote:

Sorry about your machine. but to be honest now you have all those costumers maybe one machine isn't really enough. We love your work. Please keep us updated.

The problem isn't really the amount of machines, but rather that there are about 8 hours of unfinished changes to UFE 1.6 that weren't committed before crash. Unfortunately my other machine is not as powerful so its really hard to get any work done on it.

The problem seems related to a circuit failure on the processor. What really delayed this whole process is that its an imported laptop and the warranty had just ran out (about 4 months ago), so I had to find help locally.
I found some specialized people and the good news is that apparently its fixable, but I wont hear anything from them until Wednesday. Suffice to say this wait is rather frustrating for me as well, but hey, at least no data loss so that is always a plus.

I'll keep you guys updated on this development. As soon as this little problem is resolved I'll try to compensating for the lost time. Justin (YamChaGames) is currently working on a video preview of the story mode, but for those interested in knowing how it will play out, look at Kings of Kung Fu by Jay Lee.

Mistermind wrote:
drraed wrote:

The problem isn't really the amount of machines, but rather that there are about 8 hours of unfinished changes to UFE 1.6 that weren't committed before crash. Unfortunately my other machine is not as powerful so its really hard to get any work done on it.

The problem seems related to a circuit failure on the processor. What really delayed this whole process is that its an imported laptop and the warranty had just ran out (about 4 months ago), so I had to find help locally.
I found some specialized people and the good news is that apparently its fixable, but I wont hear anything from them until Wednesday. Suffice to say this wait is rather frustrating for me as well, but hey, at least no data loss so that is always a plus.

I'll keep you guys updated on this development. As soon as this little problem is resolved I'll try to compensating for the lost time. Justin (YamChaGames) is currently working on a video preview of the story mode, but for those interested in knowing how it will play out, look at Kings of Kung Fu by Jay Lee.

will we be able to play a video texture with sound of rendered video?  Is there possibility of cutscenes in real time using the cinematic options or something like that?  Im really excited for the new story mode and I can't wait to see what it has to offer.
Although I love J-Run's "Kings of Kung Fu", I feel that panning images are a bland way to tell a story and hook players.

immortalfray wrote:

will we be able to play a video texture with sound of rendered video?  Is there possibility of cutscenes in real time using the cinematic options or something like that?  Im really excited for the new story mode and I can't wait to see what it has to offer.
Although I love J-Run's "Kings of Kung Fu", I feel that panning images are a bland way to tell a story and hook players.

It shouldn't be hard to add that. I'll remember this when I start reviewing that part.

About the machine problem:
Ok guys so the bad news is that the repairmen couldn't fix the problem. Without getting into technical details, they told me to call them again Saturday for a follow up on a few more attempts, then its off to try importing spare parts.
As you guys can imagine this is a very expensive piece of hardware, so I can't replace it so easily.

I'll keep you guys updated (again)

are diagonal inputs going to be apart of the next major release?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

yea, everyone would love to know what are all the features will be added in next update.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Alrite guys so I already have the data I needed from the old machine (currently no ETA on repairs), however I'm currently prioritizing Unity 5 update since it seems its having issues with UFE 1.5

My ufe demo game just stopped working on Unity5. And Unity 4.6 is not supported by PS4 (only 4.3 which UFE doesn't support). I am completely screwed at this point. Please try to fix it for Unity5

Many thanks

Thumbs up Thumbs down

drraed wrote:

My ufe demo game just stopped working on Unity5. And Unity 4.6 is not supported by PS4 (only 4.3 which UFE doesn't support). I am completely screwed at this point. Please try to fix it for Unity5

Many thanks

I'm at the Game Developers Conference.  Just talked with a Unity rep.  They are now using 5.0 for the consoles.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

22 (edited by drraed 2015-03-09 05:37:40)

hendrixlt wrote:
drraed wrote:

Many thanks

I'm at the Game Developers Conference.  Just talked with a Unity rep.  They are now using 5.0 for the consoles.

Yes, U5 it is. But the problem is, I already built 80% of my prototype on UFE and now suddenly none of my characters is responding (I used Mecanim in all of them)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

any news on the release of v 1.6?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Bummp !!!!!   any ETA ???

keep the good work and keep us posted  please smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Screenshots!
http://s15.postimg.org/5xdczt2t7/mainmenu.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/r4h3ntfgb/debugoptions.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/ck00szkhn/gamegui.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/ftefzg8l7/storymode.jpg

No ETA yet. Since Unity 5 is now the official build, we are also dependent on them to fix the reported Mecanim problem.

In the meantime I'm working on several minor fixes and UI improvements on 1.6