Re: UFE 1.6 News

is this the new UGUI....?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yes, it uses the new Unity GUI system.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

OMG! STORY MODE! i'm ready for this!

so this version 1.6 is unity 5 only right?

so we only have to copy our assests into the new projector is significantly different?

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

No way this is great!  Yum Cha Games is there any way you can ake sure the weapon trail tutorial you posted will be compatible with 1.6?  Im gonna be very sad when my edited scripts get stomped by the update.

30 (edited by YumChaGames 2015-03-22 16:31:42)

StriderSpinel wrote:

OMG! STORY MODE! i'm ready for this!

so this version 1.6 is unity 5 only right?

so we only have to copy our assests into the new projector is significantly different?

1.6 will be compatible with Unity 5, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with previous Unity versions.  I'll get back to you on that one.

EDIT: No, it will not be compatible with earlier versions of Unity.

We'll have a guide on upgrading everything to Unity 5 as well.

immortalfray wrote:

No way this is great!  Yum Cha Games is there any way you can ake sure the weapon trail tutorial you posted will be compatible with 1.6?  Im gonna be very sad when my edited scripts get stomped by the update.

Yeah, I'll update that tutorial to work with 1.6 once it's out.

Speaking of, if there's any old guides/tutorials that don't work after an update, let me know and I'll fix them up.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Mistermind wrote:

Screenshots!
http://s15.postimg.org/5xdczt2t7/mainmenu.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/r4h3ntfgb/debugoptions.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/ck00szkhn/gamegui.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/ftefzg8l7/storymode.jpg

No ETA yet. Since Unity 5 is now the official build, we are also dependent on them to fix the reported Mecanim problem.

In the meantime I'm working on several minor fixes and UI improvements on 1.6

Nice update.. thanks.
What about the team tag?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

will the networking feature come with Photon or Unity built-in?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Networking is still in development, currently it's based on Unity built-in.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I think using  Unity built-in Networking is the best way to go, this way we can have flexibility to use the services we want.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

YumChaGames wrote:

What do you guys need to be able to finish that? Is the issue just the latency with the animations?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

We need Unity to let us control animations at a deeper level smile.

It's a pretty major issue.  UFE relies on the rig to generate hitboxes at runtime, so if an animation is out of sync then so are the hitboxes.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

YumChaGames wrote:

We need Unity to let us control animations at a deeper level smile.

It's a pretty major issue.  UFE relies on the rig to generate hitboxes at runtime, so if an animation is out of sync then so are the hitboxes.

I read the notes in the code. If you are waiting for Unity to open up the AnimationClip API to fix networking, then you are going to be waiting a long time. Alternatively, you could attempt to fix the way you do things to fit into the API.

I guess I will just have to enable it and see what you mean by the animation getting out of sync.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

YumChaGames wrote:

When will the networking update be released? Could you give an estimated time? a week? a month? a year?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

atone wrote:
YumChaGames wrote:

When will the networking update be released? Could you give an estimated time? a week? a month? a year?

I'd say between 1-2 months. If Unity doesn't fix the mecanim animation problem by then we will release it either way.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

40 (edited by roswell108 2015-03-26 08:01:12)

Mistermind wrote:
atone wrote:
YumChaGames wrote:

I'd say between 1-2 months. If Unity doesn't fix the mecanim animation problem by then we will release it either way.

Is the "NetworkController" class basic Unity networking stuff or did you have other code in there?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This is corny as hell, but I just want to say thanks to the developers of UFE (Yum Cha Games, MisterMind).  This engine has helped me give a visual representation to a dream project and has added meaning to my everyday life smile.  Keep up the great work and I am excited to see what you guys do next with UFE.

roswell108 wrote:

Is the "NetworkController" class basic Unity networking stuff or did you have other code in there?

Its a UFE class. It will be used on UFE 1.6

immortalfray wrote:

This is corny as hell, but I just want to say thanks to the developers of UFE (Yum Cha Games, MisterMind).  This engine has helped me give a visual representation to a dream project and has added meaning to my everyday life smile.  Keep up the great work and I am excited to see what you guys do next with UFE.

Thank you smile

immortalfray wrote:

Maybe it's corny but i would like to same pretty much the Same as immortalFray, i LOVE making figting games, it's strange, but it's something (between some more things) that really make me happy, and seeing what's comming to UFE.... OH MAN! IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! THIS ENGINE IS AMAZING!

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

Can we get a bit more details on Story Mode about how it works, may be its time to show some more info on it.

urge of curiosity.. wink

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Grave174 wrote:

Can I make a suggestion for the next update? what do you think about adding a VS screen after the stage select screen.

This can easily be coded in with some C# knowledge.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Domainator wrote:
Grave174 wrote:

Can I make a suggestion for the next update? what do you think about adding a VS screen after the stage select screen.

This can easily be coded in with some C# knowledge.

You don't even need much.

Use the code for 3d model selection on a new prefab. Have stage selection launch the new prefab and the new prefab start the game.

It would still be nice to see some of this added as options instead of having a whole new engine built from forum tips.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Any news on the next update

Thumbs up Thumbs down

sbrtate22 wrote:

Any news on the next update

UFE 1.6 should be available within a month. I'm hoping to release it by May 14th-15th. After that we will be focusing on creating a server side service for UFE. I dont have much information to give away right now, but stay tuned as more information will develop as soon as 1.6 is out.

STORY MODE! will you publish update tutorials for porting our content into unity 5? THANKS!

Is there anyway I could help to get the tag team implemented for this release? @mistermind

Thumbs up Thumbs down