Re: UFE 1.6 News

It's too late for Tag Team to be ready for this release.  All planned features for this release are already in, and we're basically bug testing till the end of the month before packaging it up and releasing.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Can we get some more info on what story mode exactly is...?

just curious...

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Any news on Version 1.6 release date? i really need to get my hands on it...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Pretty soon now... we should have a preview video up shortly, with at least one more video on the new features soon after.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Any idea if we can bring our move and character files across, or will we have to start those from scratch?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I just tried adding in a 1.5 character and it worked fine.  You'll just need to open each Move at least once to ensure it's updated by the engine.

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Ah good. Looking forward to this  smile

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

So am I can't wait

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Hey Yumcha it's been a while bro. Does this story mode support cinematics in order to add more detail in a game? Think of tools like uSequencer from the Unity Asset Store that's specifically for making cinematics. Do you know if the story mode comes with cinematic abilities by itself or is a tool like uSequencer needed?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Story Mode is more like dialog before/after the game; think SF Alpha series.  Specifically, UFE looks for UI components that are included in the prefab for each story segment.

However, it might be possible to add cinematics (perhaps with uSequencer?) to a story prefab.  Controlling the camera would be the only concern there.  Don't take my word for it just yet though, as I haven't tried it myself wink.

I should also note that the current Intro and Outro move sequences are already cinematics, though you can only have one and they are not tailored to specific character match ups.  That shouldn't be too hard to mod in though.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Street FIGHTER like cinematics are fine by me.

big_smile CAN't WAIT!

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

Are we able to use a movie file instead of an image for story mode?

63 (edited by AlexarahX 2015-05-05 15:50:49)

Yeah that's a good question immortalfray. It would be awesome if we can use movie files instead of just images for the story mode without having to mod the engine too much. But regardless it shouldn't be hard to implement such a feature although I still suck at coding lol. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

immortalfray wrote:

Are we able to use a movie file instead of an image for story mode?

With some scripting, I actually don't see why not.  In fact, might not even be that much scripting.  I'll test it out later today and let you know.

EDIT:  So just noticed that we're already using a video playback (the UFE logo animation) for the main intro screen smile.  So yes, it's definitely possible to use a movie file instead.  And you'll even have a template to test with.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

YumChaGames wrote:

Pretty soon now... we should have a preview video up shortly, with at least one more video on the new features soon after.

Great news. Looking forward
Has the Mecanim bug been fixed now?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Upcoming features page updated: http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/upcomingfeatures

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

I bought the bundle of selfy will I still get the updates

Thumbs up Thumbs down

sbrtate22 wrote:

I bought the bundle of selfy will I still get the updates

Yes, the Sellfy versions will also be updated.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey, MMind and YumChaGames,

I wanted to ask two questions:

1.) If the users are configuring Story Mode, can we set it up to have each character have a set rival and sub-boss for them, like in SF Alpha 3?

2.) Is it a for sure, confirmed fact that UFE 1.6 will require the update to Unity 5?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mqiydaar wrote:

1.) If the users are configuring Story Mode, can we set it up to have each character have a set rival and sub-boss for them, like in SF Alpha 3?

2.) Is it a for sure, confirmed fact that UFE 1.6 will require the update to Unity 5?

1) Yes, this is possible.  Each character can have their story mode opponents set up in groups, with as many groups as you want, and groups can either be set or random order.  So you'd have Group 1 be the random fights against 3 opponents, Group 2 a sub boss, Group 3 is 3 more randoms, then Group 4 to be Bosses.

2) Due to changes with Unity in version 5, there's really no way we can make UFE compatible with both 5 and 4.6.  If you require to still use 4.6 for your project, I suggest staying with 1.5 for now until you can upgrade to U5.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

YumChaGames wrote:
mqiydaar wrote:

1) Yes, this is possible.  Each character can have their story mode opponents set up in groups, with as many groups as you want, and groups can either be set or random order.  So you'd have Group 1 be the random fights against 3 opponents, Group 2 a sub boss, Group 3 is 3 more randoms, then Group 4 to be Bosses.

2) Due to changes with Unity in version 5, there's really no way we can make UFE compatible with both 5 and 4.6.  If you require to still use 4.6 for your project, I suggest staying with 1.5 for now until you can upgrade to U5.

Thanks for letting me know.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Alrite guys we should start updating the documentation very soon. We might suffer a few days of delay (we are working through a new packaging process), but it should be a relatively smooth ride. Keep an eye on this post and on the Unity thread for news.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Sorry for the lateness of this question, but is it also possible to implement a secret boss fight after the slew of opponents in story mode? Like in Ultra Street Fighter IV?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

mqiydaar wrote:

Sorry for the lateness of this question, but is it also possible to implement a secret boss fight after the slew of opponents in story mode? Like in Ultra Street Fighter IV?

Not be default, but that should be possible as a mod.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Hello,

from the http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/upcomingfeatures it is not clear if Unity Networking is coming in 1.6 or later?

Best regards,
Johannes

Thumbs up Thumbs down