Topic: Can i add more custom Hit Effect Option in GLOBAL EDITOR ?

Hi,
I want to add more custom hit effect option in my global editor ?
can it possible in UFE 1.5/1.6 ?

And also i have to add more custom body parts at the time of set HitBoxes in new Character File.
That special use of weapons.

Thank you in advance.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Can i add more custom Hit Effect Option in GLOBAL EDITOR ?

If you have moves that require custom hit effects, you can override the move's hit effect in Active Frames.  I would suggest this way first, especially if said effect is only used by few moves.

If you absolutely require more regular hit effects than the 9 currently available (as of 1.6), then it should be possible to mod that in.   Look in GlobalInfo.cs for:

public class HitOptions {

Then go into ControlScript.cs and look for any instances of UFE.config.hitOptions and add your new customs anywhere it looks for the regular effects.

For the extra custom body parts - are the 9 extra customs not enough?  If not, just add more.  GlobalInfo.cs:

public enum BodyPart {

Similar deal as above with the hit effects; look for anywhere that it looks for specific bodyparts and ensure yours is included.

Only issue I can see with the extra body parts is the mirroring.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi,
Yea sometime i need custom body parts points for weapons's trail effect. so i need to modify that.
Thank you so much.
I will try your suggestions.

I have also one more questions regarding opponent override :
Issue :
- Suppose i was made one heavy standing punch type move.
- Then i was  override that opponent animation after above move.
- If hit confirm with opponent then it's work successfully opponent override.
- But when move not confirm then also opponent override is done, i don't want that.
- And each time both player move at centre of the screen. that is also one more issue.

I am try my best to solve that , but i can't get success.
So can you inform me when i m wrong with opponent override integration.

Thank you once again.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Have you gone through the Throw Tutorial?  It deals with Opponent Override, and might be easier to understand.

Here's how you can set up your example though:
- Create 3 moves for your sHP: Attempt/Confirm/Reaction.  Attempt is the sHP as if it misses (but include the active frames here, also the only one with an input); the Confirm is what it cancels into when hit, and it's this Move that will have the Opponent Override in it; and the Reaction is the Opponent's reaction you'll be overriding with.
- In sHP_Attempt, create a Chain Link during the active frames, the Move Link is the Confirm, and set Auto Execute on.
- In sHP_Confirm, in Chain Link put sHP_Attempt as required move.  Don't forget to add sHP_Reaction to the Opponent Override.

That should get it working.

It can be a little tricky to grasp, so just keep trying at it.  The Throw Tutorial goes through a very similar process, but it uses Throw Hit Type specifically, so not exactly the same.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

SudhirKotila wrote:

Hi,
I want to add more custom hit effect option in my global editor ?
can it possible in UFE 1.5/1.6 ?

And also i have to add more custom body parts at the time of set HitBoxes in new Character File.
That special use of weapons.

Thank you in advance.

Without accessing the code, there is also up to 3 custom hit effects you can use. Check out this page:
http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/move:acti … rm_typehit

You can also override any particular hit effect with a custom one directly in the Move's active frames:
http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/move:activeframes (search for Override Hit Effects)

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

I will try !
Thank you so much for your supports.

Thumbs up Thumbs down