Topic: MOUSE/TOUCH CONTROLS

i have a little question here.

Normaly i test my game on pc of course, but some menus allow me to use the mouse as an input way, and some other don't, i some ONLY receive info frm the mouse (like the options menu inside the pause menu in a fight).

now my brother is testing the game in his computer, but he, and the apple guys say that i doesn't allow any kind of mouse inputs... is something else i need to add allow in some ptiones or configuration?

i haven't messed with basic configurations, but i don't quite know how it's handled.

Thanks!

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

Re: MOUSE/TOUCH CONTROLS

By default, everything should work with both mouse input and controller input.

It might be how you're creating your menus.  Which menus are the problem?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

for example the options menu in the ingame pause gives me some problems, but my brother is testing too (he's using Mac) and says no menu works with the mouse. sad

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

Hmm, how customised are your menus/screens?  Have you tried a default menu and see if that works?

I know the default UFE stuff works as is, and I've never had an issue where it doesn't work on Mac.  Touch screens are usually the trouble spots, but even those are easy to resolve with some trial and error (and ensuring touch detection is set up correctly).

Thumbs up Thumbs down

YumChaGames wrote:

Hmm, how customised are your menus/screens?  Have you tried a default menu and see if that works?

I know the default UFE stuff works as is, and I've never had an issue where it doesn't work on Mac.  Touch screens are usually the trouble spots, but even those are easy to resolve with some trial and error (and ensuring touch detection is set up correctly).

My brother says it's just the character select screen the one that doesn't work.

if i reorder some elements it works, except for the characters, i can't select them, just the back button and the stage select work.

The screens are a bit customized, particulary by an png foreground image, wich seamed to stop some buttons from working.

Hmm, sounds like that image is blocking ray casts to the button colliders?  In theory, anyway.

Have you tried removing that image to test?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

YumChaGames wrote:

Hmm, sounds like that image is blocking ray casts to the button colliders?  In theory, anyway.

Have you tried removing that image to test?

ok, that helped! looks like that was part of the problem, i just rearranged the buttons on top of the foreground and now it works... my brother said something about the character select itself had something to do with buttons declarations or something like that (he just mentioned it) but at least now i know i can't block the controls like that, so, it's almost solved.

THANKS! smile

Cool.

Also note, that with Unity's UI, child and lower objects are rendered on top of other objects.  So if you have anything that overlaps a button, even if it's transparent, you should place it above or as a parent of the button you want to press. Note how default buttons you can create will have a Background image element as parent and the Text as a child.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down