1 (edited by StriderSpinel 2015-09-26 01:44:23)

Topic: WHAT HAPPENED?! AL MESSED UP!

don't know what happened, was opening unity, and it never started... was really loosing my temper.

when it finally did after a couple of end task via the task manager, unity imported all the assets again... ALL OF THEM!

and then, the Ground Layer disappeared!

and now, all actions have a bit lag or somthing, every time an animation ends, the character stands frozen for like 10 frames... a lot of moves don't hit or their active frames don't match anymore... or the cinematic options don't enter on the specific frame...

oh man....

sad

my most recent older version of the game is from one month ago...

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

Re: WHAT HAPPENED?! AL MESSED UP!

sad

This might be bad news.  Sounds like Unity had an issue opening the project?  Are the files/assets still in the folder locations?  Unity doing a re-import of assets isn't a bad thing, but it might mean you'll need to reconnect everything back up again (and maybe adjust any missing settings; with UFE might mean complete move data sad).

This is a reason why you should do regular backups of your project.  It's one of the main reasons I'm on Mac, so I can just let Time Machine handle all that stuff for me.  I've had to revert some projects to a backup copy a few times now.

I also highly recommend some form of source control, either SVN or Git.  SVN is better if you also want to backup non-code files, but Git is fine if you just want to back up your code/UFE assets (Global/Character/Move/AI files).

Thumbs up Thumbs down

YumChaGames wrote:

sad

This might be bad news.  Sounds like Unity had an issue opening the project?  Are the files/assets still in the folder locations?  Unity doing a re-import of assets isn't a bad thing, but it might mean you'll need to reconnect everything back up again (and maybe adjust any missing settings; with UFE might mean complete move data sad).

This is a reason why you should do regular backups of your project.  It's one of the main reasons I'm on Mac, so I can just let Time Machine handle all that stuff for me.  I've had to revert some projects to a backup copy a few times now.

I also highly recommend some form of source control, either SVN or Git.  SVN is better if you also want to backup non-code files, but Git is fine if you just want to back up your code/UFE assets (Global/Character/Move/AI files).

Hi YumChaGames,

I also have faced the same problem like StriderSpinel's problem.

Our project is ready for completion , but at last i have faced the some unknowing problem at random time.

1) Some times intro/octro not worked proper and animations was stucked and particles position was changed and its look so much annoying for our project.

2) Some time automatic all music and FX was stoped , and after some time autometic it will works proper without any changes .
I was only restart game for 5 to 6 times then i was worked properlly.

Those both problems i was faced in Android device / iOS device and Unity Editor also.

I am trying to solve those problems but i can't get solution for those.

Other thing is that i work with iMAC, and i don't use any git application for backup.I am worked only in one of my iMAC only.So that i was backed up as local level after end of the day.

So please give us some guidance to resolve those problems.

Thanking you in advance.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

SudhirKotila wrote:

Which version of Unity are you using?

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Mistermind wrote:
SudhirKotila wrote:

Which version of Unity are you using?

Hi, I am using Unity 5.0.2f1

Thumbs up Thumbs down

SudhirKotila wrote:

Hi, I am using Unity 5.0.2f1

Was the case similar to this?
http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2590#p2590

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

i'm using the very same unity version... yeah, all the assets where still there but i don't know what happened. Had to return to a previous version (the work of around 3 weeks lost) but well, was not very much at least (tweeks and sounds and stuff). made a copy of the last character and reimported it... so far it's good, but as you say, i made backup now.

Thanks!

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.