Topic: Add custom info to a move file

Is it possible to add my own custom info to a move?

What I would like to do is have my own section in the move editor where I can enter my own custom data which I then later can access during game play using the MoveInfo object in the OnHit method.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Add custom info to a move file

Of course, you just need Source.  The files you need to edit are MoveInfo.cs and MoveEditorWindow.cs.  I can give a quick tutorial on what you'd need to do to get it all working if you get stuck.

If your info is just a string, you could use the Description field if you're not using that for anything else.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think I'll take you up on your offer.

All I really need to know is how to add my own string and numerical values.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Did you attempt it yourself yet?  Where did you get stuck?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Got a question about doing this.

What happens if I update UFE to a new version? I will of course have to update the source files for the new version of UFE. But is there any chance I might lose the custom data stored in the old move files? Anything I need to be aware of before updating to a new version?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

YumChaGames wrote:

Of course, you just need Source.  The files you need to edit are MoveInfo.cs and MoveEditorWindow.cs.  I can give a quick tutorial on what you'd need to do to get it all working if you get stuck.

If your info is just a string, you could use the Description field if you're not using that for anything else.

Hi, could you give the tutorial of this. I just want to change and assign move through codes. How can i do that?
Please provide tutorial as early you could do.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

YumChaGames wrote:

Could you please give tutorial of this. As i want to change move in run time through codes in scripts. I haven't find any idea to do this. Please provide some tutorial about this.

Thumbs up −1 Thumbs down

Sorry, I'm really late to this one!

johndman wrote:

Got a question about doing this.

What happens if I update UFE to a new version? I will of course have to update the source files for the new version of UFE. But is there any chance I might lose the custom data stored in the old move files? Anything I need to be aware of before updating to a new version?

Yes, the old move files will be overwritten with update UFE versions, so you will lose your old data.  The best approach would be to have your project already backed up in a version control repository, so when you update UFE you can see the changes and manually merge your old stuff with the new.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mohit wrote:
YumChaGames wrote:

Could you please give tutorial of this. As i want to change move in run time through codes in scripts. I haven't find any idea to do this. Please provide some tutorial about this.

It's really not too difficult.  What have you tried to do so far?

Thumbs up Thumbs down