Topic: Judo throws and glitchy character rotation

I have several throw animations and reactions that switch the players position, such as an over the shoulder judo type throw. The victim is thrown to the opposite side of the attacker with feet facing away.  The orientation changes as soon as the anims are done and the victim rotates while laying down.  The attacker also turns briefly to face away then registers the orientation change and faces back towards the victim.  Any thoughts on how a throw that changes which side the players are on can go smoothly?

I'd like for:
-the victim to turn around when he gets up instead of while lying down, or even use a custom twisting get up animation.
-the attacker to not do a quick glitchy twitchy turnabout.

Chris

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Judo throws and glitchy character rotation

The easiest way to deal with this is to have both victim and attacker animate their turnarounds at the end of the sequence, so when it blends into the idle pose it's unnoticeable.  You may also need to adjust blending rates for the moves.

Regarding the victim animation, you may still be able to get away without animating the turnaround though. You can trigger different get up animations to suit.  For instance, Default Knockdown may have character starting by lying on their back with feet to opponent; High Knockdown may have character on their stomach with head towards opponent.  See "Stand Up" section of Basic Moves.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: Judo throws and glitchy character rotation

Thanks for the reply, however the attacker is already facing the right direction at the end of his throw routine but then it registers that the sides have switched so it triggers the turn animation so he twitches back the other direction and animates back in the right direction.  It would be wonderful if there was a way to skip the turning blend or completely disable Auto Rotate for certain number of frames or seconds and/or set the orientation directly within the move.  I hoped that the "Auto Correct Rotation" under General options would fix my problem but it relly only gave me options to make it look glitchy earlier. 

I've set the Override Blending Out to .0000001 of the attacker's anim but I still catch a glimpse of the back facing twitch. 
I also linked the victim's anim into a custom getup type anim via Chain-Moves, but that led to more problems, it still flipped orientation while it was laying down (pre-link to custom getup), which caused the anim to go the wrong direction and after getting up it still wanted to do one of the character's regular Stand Up anims, looking glitchier then ever...   And from what I can tell all of the Stand Up optios don't overrid the orientation so the Auto Rotate will be there at some point to make it glitch up at some point.

I have like 7 or so throws that change sides that this is an issue in and looks horribly glitchy.  Not sure what else to try as the auto rotate takes over at some point regardless of what I try.

Thumbs up Thumbs down