Topic: WOULD APRECIATE SOME HELP, don't know what happens, all messe up

hi, i was just working on a new character for my game and suddenly some files where missing, and then this appears, and no GUI is visible and the game can't start properly!

The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!
UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(UFEScreen)
UFE:ShowScreen(UFEScreen, Action) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs:508)
UFE:_StartMainMenuScreen(Single) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs:1803)
<StartMainMenuScreen>c__AnonStorey12:<>m__1E() (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs:608)
CameraFade:StartAlphaFade(Color, Boolean, Single, Single, Action) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/CameraFade.cs:217)
UFE:StartMainMenuScreen(Single) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs:608)
IntroScreen:GoToMainMenu() (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UI/Base/IntroScreen.cs:6)
<LoadMovie>c__Iterator3:MoveNext() (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UI/Templates/VideoIntroScreen.cs:180)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
DefaultMainMenuScreen.OnShow () (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UI/Templates/DefaultMainMenuScreen.cs:42)
UFE.ShowScreen (.UFEScreen screen, System.Action nextScreenAction) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs:516)
UFE._StartMainMenuScreen (Single fadeTime) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs:1803)
UFE+<StartMainMenuScreen>c__AnonStorey12.<>m__1E () (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs:608)
CameraFade.StartAlphaFade (Color newScreenOverlayColor, Boolean isFadeIn, Single fadeDuration, Single fadeDelay, System.Action OnFadeFinish) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/CameraFade.cs:217)
UFE.StartMainMenuScreen (Single fadeTime) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs:608)
IntroScreen.GoToMainMenu () (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UI/Base/IntroScreen.cs:6)
VideoIntroScreen+<LoadMovie>c__Iterator3.MoveNext () (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UI/Templates/VideoIntroScreen.cs:180)

i don't know what's going on!

would appreciate some help!

Thanks!

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

2 (edited by StriderSpinel 2015-12-01 02:45:54)

Re: WOULD APRECIATE SOME HELP, don't know what happens, all messe up

and at the unity start i get this errors too:

Timestamps (3902) and assets (3900) maps out of sync.

C:/Program Files/Unity5/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/GUISystem/UnityEngine.UI.dll' is in timestamps but is not known in guidmapper...

Files/Unity5/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/GUISystem/Editor/UnityEditor.UI.dll' is in timestamps but is not known in guidmapper...

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

3 (edited by vinnylamego 2015-12-01 07:33:16)

Did your unity crashed before those issues?

Try reimporting your project (Right Click in the Assets Folder > Reimport All), if it doesn't work try to reinstall your unity.

Note: This process will last several minutes (or hours).

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

vinnylamego wrote:

Try reimporting your project (Right Click in the Assets Folder > Reimport All), if it doesn't work try to reinstall your unity.

no, it didn't crash, but i'm bot sure if it was open when my PC started updating some drivers for the graphic card and even my sound configuration was messed up... but i don't recall exactly if it was open, but that was it, only that...

vinnylamego wrote:

WOW! IT WORKED! yeah, it took about 1 hour for reimporting all assets but everuthing is back!

Thanks a lot!

NOW IS BACKUP TIME!

I have had something similar happen in the past and re-importing everything worked just fine

never had this problem before, nor do i know exactly what made it happen, but i'm glad it was relatively easy to fix.. Thanks again!

StriderSpinel wrote:

WOW! IT WORKED! yeah, it took about 1 hour for reimporting all assets but everuthing is back!

Thanks a lot!

NOW IS BACKUP TIME!

Glad it works for you, this happens something specially if you are dealing with a very large project. To avoid losing anything try to back up every time you change something important, GitHub works fine for me.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This has happened to me several times, the first time I reimported everything and it worked ok.  It occurred a few more times after that and if I tried to go into play mode it would work until a hit was registered then in would freeze.  Instead of reimporting the subsequent times I walked away with unity open for a lil bit and when I came back Unity seemed to have sorted out the errors, found the scripts and everything worked as it should.  Bizarre, it's only happened with UFE...

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

christougher wrote:

This has happened to me several times, the first time I reimported everything and it worked ok.  It occurred a few more times after that and if I tried to go into play mode it would work until a hit was registered then in would freeze.  Instead of reimporting the subsequent times I walked away with unity open for a lil bit and when I came back Unity seemed to have sorted out the errors, found the scripts and everything worked as it should.  Bizarre, it's only happened with UFE...

yeah, it's quite strange...