1 (edited by knightgabriel4eva 2016-06-15 11:25:37)

Topic: i got some issue with adding new moves

never happened it before but now whenever I want to add any new move with chain moves
it said animation is missing for link move but it is clearly there it is not like I forgot something

I duplicate any other existing moves like stand kick and link it to the linked move in the chain moves in the move editor
but still it gives me the same error
it happened from today no idea why

I paste error msg
Animation for move 'Gallian_GravityForce' not found!
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
ControlsScript:ReadMove(MoveInfo) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/ControlsScript.cs:1064)
ControlsScript:DoFixedUpdate() (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/ControlsScript.cs:488)
UFE:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs:1996)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: i got some issue with adding new moves

knightgabriel4eva wrote:

never happened it before but now whenever I want to add any new move with chain moves
it said animation is missing for link move but it is clearly there it is not like I forgot something

I duplicate any other existing moves like stand kick and link it to the linked move in the chain moves in the move editor

I paste error msg
ControlsScript:ReadMove(MoveInfo) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/ControlsScript.cs:1064)

Double check the following:
-Sometimes, combo moves may be a bit buggy if you have two or more moves that are named the same on the same character.
-Double check that the links are set correctly for the moves
-Double check to make sure you added all the moves in said combo in your character
-Make sure the animation is previewable in the move.

Reply back if you try all of the above and it still doesn't work. If so, then I'll look into it and see what I can do smile

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Twrmois wrote:
knightgabriel4eva wrote:

I paste error msg

Double check the following:
-Sometimes, combo moves may be a bit buggy if you have two or more moves that are named the same on the same character.
-Double check that the links are set correctly for the moves
-Double check to make sure you added all the moves in said combo in your character
-Make sure the animation is previewable in the move.

Reply back if you try all of the above and it still doesn't work. If so, then I'll look into it and see what I can do smile

1) I checked the name.. they don't seem to be any problem
2) I check the links I tried any existing one they works but if I duplicate n changed and then they stop working
even I create a new file.. it doesn't work... strange
3) I am sure I added all cuz its previewable
4) I can view it in move editor but just not in the game when I test...

please help sad I will try on the other characters and see what happens...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I tried on another characters it has the same issue
I am using unity 5.3.4f1
could be something wrong with the version?
cuz it never happened b4...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

i still got same issue
i tested with a complete a new project
I have created a empty project and import UFE
then i test with mike still the same issue.
anyone any idea? version of unity maybe?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

6 (edited by christougher 2016-06-24 00:58:14)

Don't test with Mike unless you're using generic animations. He's not humanoid unless you use the version of Mike I have converted and posted in the animation section of this forum...

Also, maybe post some screenshots showing the details of the linked move settings, the move file, the animation import settings, the character's move list and whatever else that could be affecting it

Thumbs up Thumbs down

7 (edited by knightgabriel4eva 2016-06-24 01:52:49)

christougher wrote:

Don't test with Mike unless you're using generic animations. He's not humanoid unless you use the version of Mike I have converted and posted in the animation section of this forum...

Also, maybe post some screenshots showing the details of the linked move settings, the move file, the animation import settings, the character's move list and whatever else that could be affecting it

but the main thing here is that i never had this error b4. happened like 2 wks ago and I cant seem to find any reason
all other characters i have created with link b4 (this weird thingy happened) do not have any problem or if i link any other existing move no problem at all

only if I creat a new move file then, they have error, not playing animation.
it just wont play animation even the animation is there. I reused some of the existing animation still the same problem.

it seems fine when i use the new moves file as normal moves with input (not linked move)
but if i use them in link moves they start coursing problem

i have 10 characterrs so far none of them have this problem
but only the new moves i want to add/creat for new characters or existing character it starts giving me this weird error.

this is really a pain in the ass... there is no point of making a new character unless i solve this.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

8 (edited by knightgabriel4eva 2016-06-24 01:53:45)

I even reinstall windows but nothing works so far
I even tried to use my earlier version of my project, same error.

older version of unity n early version of my project.. still have the error

so i have no idea why
anything else i shoud try?

is there anything got to do with updating windows??

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Export the character file, two new linked move files and their animations into an asset package by themselves (deselect include dependencies) and post or share. I'll look at it

Thumbs up Thumbs down