26 (edited by MrPonton 2016-08-08 22:56:27)

Re: Temporary power up/ transformation moves during fights

immortalfray wrote:

Also I am still stumped on why particle effects wont stick to my player.

It could be due to the changing of the mesh?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

27 (edited by immortalfray 2016-08-09 10:05:54)

MrPonton wrote:
immortalfray wrote:

Thanks but I finally figured it out with some help from StriderSpinel.  The solution to the sticky option not working can be foundd here http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=833.

Now that I have the visual component down I'm trying to figure out how to mod the speed and damage values properly.  Videos coming soon along with a tutorial.

immortalfray wrote:
MrPonton wrote:
immortalfray wrote:

Thanks but I finally figured it out with some help from StriderSpinel.  The solution to the sticky option not working can be foundd here http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=833.

Now that I have the visual component down I'm trying to figure out how to mod the speed and damage values properly.  Videos coming soon along with a tutorial.

That was my initial answer, but saw you posted that solution in that thread. Assumed you ran into an issue where it wasn't it. Good luck!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBxAT-Oa1OU[/media]

Got the visuals working nice enough.  still needs polish.  working on the speed and damage mods

30 (edited by immortalfray 2016-08-16 23:32:38)

jerreldulay so far I've got the speed, jump force, and visual transofrmations components down smile.  Im tackling the damage modifications then I've pretty much got what I want.  Tutorial will follow as soon as I finish this.  Im a novice programmer so making a feature like this takes time.  Ive noticed it's not hard to manipulate UFE once you understand how the scripts are connected to each other.

also Im happy to know that you are familiar with DBZ/DBS

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MHd7PS … e=youtu.be[/media]

Ok I've successfully completed the code for the transformed state.  I was able to enhance the look, speed, jump force/distance and damage output of the player.  I'm currently writing up a tutorial and I'll be posting it in the Tips & Articles section of the forum.  Sadly Im not sure if I'll be able to release the goku vs superman fighting game.  it all depends on if Toei or DC say its ok, but Im surely using this feature in the next iteration of Immortal Fray and it can prove to be a nice feature for anyone else.

I went ahead and wrote out the tutorial for transformations.  You can find it here http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=4126#p4126

immortalfray wrote:

Ok I've successfully completed the code for the transformed state.  I was able to enhance the look, speed, jump force/distance and damage output of the player.  I'm currently writing up a tutorial and I'll be posting it in the Tips & Articles section of the forum.  Sadly Im not sure if I'll be able to release the goku vs superman fighting game.  it all depends on if Toei or DC say its ok, but Im surely using this feature in the next iteration of Immortal Fray and it can prove to be a nice feature for anyone else.

its legal to make the game as long as you dont make money on it.

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

See I thought so too, but theres such a thing as brand value.  I could get sued for damages if the companies want to pursue that.  For the time being Im still developing the game, but I'm waiting to hear back from Toei and DC for the green light to put out a download link.  If they say no, there's not much I can do

Well IDK about Toei (Since its a non US entity, may be different rules)

but In America there is a such thing as fair use laws.

which basically means as long as you dont make revenue.

but i do understand why you wouldnt want to pursue without permission.

also Check PM

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ok so Im hoping an experienced coder sees this and will help clarify something for me.  I've added functionality to the transformed state which makes it so only certain moves can be executed in the transformed state.  I guess this could have been done with stance changes, but I dont like how you have to execute a move to switch back to your original stance, rather than just wait for time to run out.  Anyways ill try to use pictures instead of text.

http://i.imgur.com/L8go1DA.png

Im not going to go through the whole process, but I added another parameter to player conditions that checks if a player is in a transformed state or not to execute a move.  I couldnt get it to work until I made a function inside of MoveSetScript look like this

public bool ValidateMoveStances(PlayerConditions conditions, ControlsScript cScript, bool bypassCrouchStance){
        bool stateCheck = conditions.possibleMoveStates.Length > 0? false : true;
        foreach(PossibleMoveStates possibleMoveState in conditions.possibleMoveStates){

if (possibleMoveState.possibleState != cScript.currentState
                && (!bypassCrouchStance || (bypassCrouchStance && cScript.currentState != PossibleStates.Stand))) continue;

if (possibleMoveState.transformedState != cScript.transformedState) continue;

if (cScript.normalizedDistance < (float)possibleMoveState.proximityRangeBegins/100) continue;
            if (cScript.normalizedDistance > (float)possibleMoveState.proximityRangeEnds/100) continue;

if (cScript.currentState == PossibleStates.Stand){ 
                if (!possibleMoveState.standBy && cScript.currentSubState == SubStates.Resting) continue;
                if (!possibleMoveState.movingBack && cScript.currentSubState == SubStates.MovingBack) continue;
                if (!possibleMoveState.movingForward && cScript.currentSubState == SubStates.MovingForward) continue;

} else if (cScript.currentState == PossibleStates.StraightJump
                      || cScript.currentState == PossibleStates.ForwardJump
                      || cScript.currentState == PossibleStates.BackJump){ 

if (cScript.normalizedJumpArc < (float)possibleMoveState.jumpArcBegins/100) continue;
                if (cScript.normalizedJumpArc > (float)possibleMoveState.jumpArcEnds/100) continue;
            }

if (!possibleMoveState.blocking && (cScript.currentSubState == SubStates.Blocking || cScript.isBlocking)) continue;

if ((!possibleMoveState.stunned && possibleMoveState.possibleState != PossibleStates.Down) 
                && cScript.currentSubState == SubStates.Stunned) continue;

stateCheck = true;
        }
        return stateCheck;
    }

What bothers me is this line

if (possibleMoveState.transformedState != cScript.transformedState) continue;

Here is where my skills as a programmer displays my true level of knowledge.  So far this works the way I want it to.  If a player is transformed, then he will execute whatever moves can be used in a transformed state.  I just feel like I may run into a problem im not seeing because Im saying if something does not equal something, execute the move. 

Can anyone with more coding experience explain to me why this is working and what problems I might run into?

37 (edited by Meractus 2016-08-23 15:08:29)

Basically, from what I understand, you're telling the move that it will not be executed if that condition is not met.

If you want a move to be executed only in "Transformed" state, set the option to "Transformed";
if you want a move to be executed only in a non transformed state, set the option to non transformed.

I don't see this as something that might cause any trouble in the future. Unless you added something else that is not in what you showed in your post.

EDIT: This even gave me an idea for my project, since I was trying to swap prefabs and gave up. Now, maybe, I can use the mesh render and something like what you did to trigger the moves and hurtboxes (the main issue) in a transformed state, since the models are completely different (like a woman turning into a giant spider and turning back at will).

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Meractus wrote:

Basically, from what I understand, you're telling the move that it will not be executed if that condition is not met.

If you want a move to be executed only in "Transformed" state, set the option to "Transformed";
if you want a move to be executed only in a non transformed state, set the option to non transformed.

I don't see this as something that might cause any trouble in the future. Unless you added something else that is not in what you showed in your post.

EDIT: This even gave me an idea for my project, since I was trying to swap prefabs and gave up. Now, maybe, I can use the mesh render and something like what you did to trigger the moves and hurtboxes (the main issue) in a transformed state, since the models are completely different (like a woman turning into a giant spider and turning back at will).

Yea that's basically what I did.  It works now and my computer hasnt blown up yet and I'm not getting errors so I'll just accept that this works and move on.  I haven't messed with switching around hit boxes during a transformation.  I actually plan to show off something like this in immortal fray since I got it to work.  I have two meshes and two skeletons rigged to the same root bone.  When the character is transformed I just animate the invisible skeleton that has the hit boxes already assigned.  Blah blah blah expect videos soon to better explain what I'm saying.