Re: UFE 1.5 News

you are releasing  the AI soon?

Thumbs up 0 Thumbs down

BUUUUUUUUUUUUMP.
any news on the release? i really wanna get my game out for xmas...

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

A question about the AI in the upcoming release. Can the AI Editor be used to create different AI types such as the AI faking and playing mind games on it's opponent throughout the entire match? Think of it as a deceptive AI type as an example. So far it's kind of hard to tell but I assume the AI Editor will detailed like the rest of UFE. That would be awesome!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey does anyone here know how MisterMind's doing? I ask because we haven't heard from him in awhile now and it's kinda disturbing me. It's disturbing me more than the progress of the next release of UFE. So Yumcha have you been able to keep in contact with him?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Don't worry, MisterMind is fine and well smile.  He's been very busy lately, went to Unite in Sao Paulo this week and had quite the time.  I can't say too much about that, but I can tell you many people were very excited to be talking to the guy who made UFE smile.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Man that's good news Yumcha! I'm glad he's having fun in his spare time away from UFE which is important. Oh yeah Yumcha do know if the AI Editor is capable of making different AI types? Like I asked before I'm just curious if we could make different AI types such as AI that can be all out aggressive and another one that is all out defensive?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

AlexarahX wrote:

Man that's good news Yumcha! I'm glad he's having fun in his spare time away from UFE which is important. Oh yeah Yumcha do know if the AI Editor is capable of making different AI types? Like I asked before I'm just curious if we could make different AI types such as AI that can be all out aggressive and another one that is all out defensive?

Oh, forgot to answer.  Yes, you can set different behaviours for AI.  Check the screenshots from this post.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

AlexarahX wrote:

Well technically I wasn't away from UFE hehe. Unite 2014 was a big Unity conference here in Brazil. I was actually invited to be a guest speaker at the last minute wink I'll let you guys know if they post the video anywhere.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Mistermind wrote:
AlexarahX wrote:

Well technically I wasn't away from UFE hehe. Unite 2014 was a big Unity conference here in Brazil. I was actually invited to be a guest speaker at the last minute wink I'll let you guys know if they post the video anywhere.

Ah nice to hear MisterMind! As Yumcha said that people were glad to speak to you as you're the one who made UFE I can imagine how awesome it would be to see you live in the Unite Conference. I do believe it's epic to see a toolkit to enable developers to make fighting games for PC and other platforms instead of fighting games being isolated to game consoles alone. Also don't know about all of you but I prefer 2d and 2.5d fighting games over 3d fighting games. See unlike 2d and 2.5d fighting games, in 3d fighting games a lot of players seem to ALWAYS aim for ring outs instead of having fun and try to becoming a true pro. Dead or Alive is the only fighting game I know of where the match will continue with a ring out unlike others such as Soul Calibur where you can lose a match with a top notch demon like Nightmare just by getting tossed into a pool of water. Ridiculous how that's setup isn't everyone lol.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey MisterMind a question about the Fuzzy AI package. Is it going to be separate from UFE or is it coming with it? I'd just like to be able to know a price if it's separate because I don't see it listed on Unity Asset Store or anywhere for that matter. Weird that I searched Google for Fuzzy AI and didn't get anything related to UFE. Oh by the way awesome documentation bro no wonder the documents took so long to make because there's a lot of new detail there in the recent changes section of the website!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh is it ready? I didnt know it was ready! I think Mister mind is still working on it. As for the price, it was supposed to be included in the updates(according to my understanding) but ultimately that decision is up to them.

Unity 5 beta is already there, hopefully the new AI system is compatible with it and with no major bugs tongue .. Cant wait to try it with unity 5, any news on this update  or at all about the AI? if you have changed your mind about a separate AI package, how much are we talking about?
keep it up guys, please keep us posted and as for any decision you take on the package AI.. count me in !!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

zbrusher wrote:

Oh is it ready? I didnt know it was ready! I think Mister mind is still working on it. As for the price, it was supposed to be included in the updates(according to my understanding) but ultimately that decision is up to them.

Unity 5 beta is already there, hopefully the new AI system is compatible with it and with no major bugs tongue .. Cant wait to try it with unity 5, any news on this update  or at all about the AI? if you have changed your mind about a separate AI package, how much are we talking about?
keep it up guys, please keep us posted and as for any decision you take on the package AI.. count me in !!!

Alrite guys, finally some real news:

There will be 2 A.Is:
Random AI and Fuzzy AI (http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/global:aioptions)

The Random AI along with Throws and tons of other new features that were added in the past 6 months will be added to the engine free of charge.

Fuzzy AI will be a separated addon, and will be available along the 1.5 update.

All versions of UFE will also suffer a slight price increase, but those who already have UFE won't need to worry about it. These are the new prices & products:
UFE Basic: $65
UFE PRO: $125
UFE SOURCE: $250
(new) Fuzzy AI Addon: $75
(new) UFE Bundle (Source + Fuzzy AI): $300 ($25 off)

Coming on Season 4:
Networking Addon
Story Mode (free update)

Full documentation for Fuzzy AI: http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/ai:start

We should be releasing UFE 1.5 by the end of this week.

zbrusher wrote:

...Unity 5 beta is already there, hopefully the new AI system is compatible with it and with no major bugs tongue .. Cant wait to try it with unity 5, any news on this update..

UFE is currently compatible with the latest stable build of Unity (4.5). I don't have an answer for Unity 5 just yet.

It does make sense, I agree with your business model. As I said before count me in! I really cant wait to put my hands on it.

About unity 5 you can find and try the beta version here: http://blogs.unity3d.com/2014/10/27/uni … available/ if you pre ordered it. I have it now and I m installing it.  I will check if there are bugs with UFE, just out of the box.

by the way, what is the difference between random and fuzzy AI  big picture wise?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

zbrusher wrote:

It does make sense, I agree with your business model. As I said before count me in! I really cant wait to put my hands on it.

About unity 5 you can find and try the beta version here: http://blogs.unity3d.com/2014/10/27/uni … available/ if you pre ordered it. I have it now and I m installing it.  I will check if there are bugs with UFE, just out of the box.

by the way, what is the difference between random and fuzzy AI  big picture wise?

on the beta preview (www.ufe3d.com/beta) you can switch between AI engines in the main menu -> options. We will soon be working on a video as well which should present a few extra notes.

40 (edited by Steviebops 2014-10-27 16:17:19)

So 1.1 is season 3.
Is the tag-team in this update?
Will you be doing another poll for season 4?

Also, I seem to remember some problems with animation blending, blend out I think? Is that fixed, I haven't tested it in a while.
Also, what kind of customisation will we have with random AI?

The $75 for fuzzy is a bit steep for me. I don't think I'd be able to get that for a while, if at all, I'd probably try code my own, or see what random can do.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

zbrusher wrote:

Do you know if that beta is going public at some point?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I dont really know if it is going public. What I know is that if you have pro, you can get unity 5 for 600$ which it is my case, so I had access to the beta.

And now I tried UFE Version 1.0.6 with Unity 5 and works out of the box(with some warnings in some animations I didnt have before but not big deal though).

thanks Mr Mind for the big news, I ll be patient for this week about the update.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

UFE 1.5 overview by YumChaGames
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-DTio6wVnQ[/media]

Awesome MisterMind! I watched that overview of UFE 1.5 and it's heavily impressive. Oh by the way as for the question I had on the Unity forums thanks for your advice but I will most likely wait until UFE 1.5 and Fuzzy AI are both released and then that's when I'll take a look through Fuzzy AI's scripts. That's what I have planned at the moment so I can get a better understanding on how Fuzzy AI's code is structured. Anyway MisterMind and Yumcha keep up the good work bros!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

this is starting to look awesome, great tutorial / demo Justin. cant wait......

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Great update smile just been wondering how to take off the buttons on the side. is there something to toggle it on and off?

Grave174 wrote:

Great update smile just been wondering how to take off the buttons on the side. is there something to toggle it on and off?

Buttons on the side? Do you mean the input viewer? You can disable it using the in-game options menu (press ESC during gameplay).

Instructions on how it operates can be found on Assets/UFE/Scripts/GUIScript.cs (open source on all versions)

Hi MMind, I've upgraded to 1.5 and it's fantastic so far, looking forward to the fuzzy ai.

I just have a couple of quick questions so far, I have the source version and I'm wondering if you have and advice on how to allow throws to be teched whilst crouching without actually allowing throws to be done whilst crouching. I would also like to know if the engine allows plinking without too much modification.

Thanks

Thumbs up −1 Thumbs down

thanks I have been looking for it in the ufe.config this whole time

matthiasdeo wrote:

Hi MMind, I've upgraded to 1.5 and it's fantastic so far, looking forward to the fuzzy ai.

I just have a couple of quick questions so far, I have the source version and I'm wondering if you have and advice on how to allow throws to be teched whilst crouching without actually allowing throws to be done whilst crouching. I would also like to know if the engine allows plinking without too much modification.

Thanks

Plinking is already in.  Have a look at Global Options | Advanced Options.

Sounds like you're trying to mimic SF4's tech throw nuance (Option Select c.LP+c.LK for tech throw).  UFE triggers a tech throw if while you're starting your throw move, the opponent inputs their throw command.  So it's somewhat hardcoded.  Since you have Source, you could probably mod it to be more like SF4 if you're brave enough to dig through the code.

I'll have a throw tutorial video pretty soon, which I'll demonstrate how to mimic a couple of throw systems (but I won't do any coding/modding, it's just plain Move Editor setups at this stage).

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down