Topic: How to add animation to intro screen

Anyone can help me out? Here is my original thread on Unity.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/video- … up.316657/

I need to add that video into the background of the intro instead of the default intro anyone know?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2 (edited by roswell108 2015-04-07 17:27:17)

Re: How to add animation to intro screen

Domainator wrote:

I need to add that video into the background of the intro instead of the default intro anyone know?

MovieTexture only really works on iPhone and getting one up on Android looks horrible. Desktop is even worse because it's higher resolution.

The best you can get is using Vuforia and cutting out the AR part.

Handheld.playFullScreen or whatever it is plays them clear but not as a background and only on mobile.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

roswell108 wrote:
Domainator wrote:

MovieTexture only really works on iPhone and getting one up on Android looks horrible.

Handheld.playFullScreen or whatever it is plays them clear but not as a background.

Vuforia is best for playing a video? what?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Domainator wrote:
roswell108 wrote:
Domainator wrote:

MovieTexture only really works on iPhone and getting one up on Android looks horrible.

Handheld.playFullScreen or whatever it is plays them clear but not as a background.

It's that or MovieTexture and MovieTexture ends up blurry.

You are trying to play it in a scene, right?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If you only want to have that starfield as a moving background, simply create a particle effect. You can achieve exactly the same motion and look with a startfield made from particles. Because of realtime rendering at runtime you will get a very smooth motion (60fps or higher).
Also a video needs a lot of memory compared to realtime effects.

Sample tutorial: https://stilghar.wordpress.com/2013/03/ … -shuriken/

shubi's Website

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

roswell108 wrote:
Domainator wrote:
roswell108 wrote:

It's that or MovieTexture and MovieTexture ends up blurry.

You are trying to play it in a scene, right?

In the background of the intro screen yes.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

shubi wrote:

If you only want to have that starfield as a moving background, simply create a particle effect. You can achieve exactly the same motion and look with a startfield made from particles. Because of realtime rendering at runtime you will get a very smooth motion (60fps or higher).

Sample tutorial: https://stilghar.wordpress.com/2013/03/ … -shuriken/

I'd rather have it play the video because i have a video for hyper speed for when going from room to room.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Shubi's right.  If your video is just a particle effect anyway, you're better off recreating that in Unity's Shuriken system (not hard, and you can even have it on a separate camera and use Render to Texture).  This will save you both file size and memory required to run.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

YumChaGames wrote:

Shubi's right.  If your video is just a particle effect anyway, you're better off recreating that in Unity's Shuriken system (not hard, and you can even have it on a separate camera and use Render to Texture).  This will save you both file size and memory required to run.

Not really familiar with the particle system in Unity. But that is alright. Just will do some research i guess.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Domainator wrote:
YumChaGames wrote:

Not really familiar with the particle system in Unity. But that is alright. Just will do some research i guess.

If you want to compare it to a MovieTexture, I can dig up the code I used so you can see the difference for yourself.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

roswell108 wrote:
Domainator wrote:
YumChaGames wrote:

If you want to compare it to a MovieTexture, I can dig up the code I used so you can see the difference for yourself.

Yeah I got video to work. It is really choppy so looks like i'll be using the Particle system.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Particles came out pretty good big_smile.

Thanks Guys!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I recently bought something on a Web site, the service is also good.I've been getting a lot of questions lately about my CSGO Skins inventory so I'm throwing this post together. See, I have an inventory valued at roughly $846.77. People often ask how much I spent for my skins. The answer is nothing. I've never spent money on CS:GO other than for the game itself. Everything I have, I got through playing the market and betting on pro matches. Now, I'm going to tell you the exact methods I used to get my inventory. By the end of this post, you'll know everything you need to start making a profit in CSGO.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

hi guys, I need some help anyone of you can tell me can we add some animation at end of fighting like player winning animations.
actually i want to add the taunt animations for the winning player... ? Thanks  in advance..

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Its called outlro in the character editor

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi, I'm learning to edit video, the following video helps me a lot, it shows you how to add animation in video with TunesKit AceMovi. The tutorial is easy to understand and I make videos quickly with its guidance. https://youtu.be/tm06lxw2WNc

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If you only want to have that starfield as a moving background, simply create a particle effect.

You can achieve exactly the same motion and look with a startfield made from particles.

Because of realtime rendering at runtime you will get a very smooth motion (60fps or higher).

Thumbs up Thumbs down