Re: UFE 1.8 Official Thread

So some interesting news... I am using the 5.6 beta and I may have finally figured out how to keep my lightmaps in using the prefabs for UFE... the script I am using for working on my lightmaps, works with the experimental Progressive Lightmapper which is a godsend and it works correctly, provided you hit play on the editor.

KRGraphics wrote:

So some interesting news... I am using the 5.6 beta and I may have finally figured out how to keep my lightmaps in using the prefabs for UFE... the script I am using for working on my lightmaps, works with the experimental Progressive Lightmapper which is a godsend and it works correctly, provided you hit play on the editor.

Glad you figured out a solution!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

53 (edited by KRGraphics 2017-02-09 16:02:47)

Twrmois wrote:
KRGraphics wrote:

This was not a solution... I had to wait until it was stable enough to use. And I am still dealing with bugs with my character select screen which I am not happy about. And it involves the Mecanim Humanoid rig messing up on the select screen. It works fine everywhere else...

So with Unity 5.6 on the horizon, are you guys planning on integrating features such as Unity Timeline for the creation of cutscenes? Because the current way is very clunky and hard to use, where something like Timeline is a breeze.

Also will things like mecanim humanoid support be fixed in the selection screen? I've been dealing with this for months and it has halted my testing a bit. Any feedback would be helpful. I don't have source and it is a hinderance that the Pro version of scripts are locked in a .dll

KRGraphics wrote:
Twrmois wrote:
KRGraphics wrote:

This was not a solution... I had to wait until it was stable enough to use. And I am still dealing with bugs with my character select screen which I am not happy about. And it involves the Mecanim Humanoid rig messing up on the select screen. It works fine everywhere else...

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

KRGraphics wrote:

So with Unity 5.6 on the horizon, are you guys planning on integrating features such as Unity Timeline for the creation of cutscenes? Because the current way is very clunky and hard to use, where something like Timeline is a breeze.

Also will things like mecanim humanoid support be fixed in the selection screen? I've been dealing with this for months and it has halted my testing a bit. Any feedback would be helpful. I don't have source and it is a hinderance that the Pro version of scripts are locked in a .dll

Probably will try Unity Timeline much later down the line.

The Mecanim issue with the 3D character select is something I've seen in 5.6, I might look into it one of these days. Most likely the update changed something regarding Mecanim and the code in UFE for the character select could be adjusted to suit it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Probably will try Unity Timeline much later down the line.

I'll eventually try it out for doing complex animations such as the character select animations and fatalities

The Mecanim issue with the 3D character select is something I've seen in 5.6, I might look into it one of these days. Most likely the update changed something regarding Mecanim and the code in UFE for the character select could be adjusted to suit it.

This is also happening in Unity 5.5 (the version I'm on) and it's a major pain in the ass right now, especially when my roster is growing. I'm just glad nothing else is broken. That needs to be fixed, big time. My current rigging works perfectly for what I'm trying to do and Legacy isn't cutting it.

As for select screens, is there a way to repurpose the character select screen code to be used on the stage select? I was watching Injustice 2, and I like how they have a stage select UI after you choose your character.

I don't use 3D Character select, but I know of at least one person who does and they are not getting that issue.

I suggest checking your import settings of the character that has the Avatar you're using for mecanim. I've had issues in the past where the bones or character size is off because the imported animation isn't being imported at the same size as the avatar/other animations.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

59 (edited by KRGraphics 2017-02-15 15:54:27)

MrPonton wrote:

I don't use 3D Character select, but I know of at least one person who does and they are not getting that issue.

I suggest checking your import settings of the character that has the Avatar you're using for mecanim. I've had issues in the past where the bones or character size is off because the imported animation isn't being imported at the same size as the avatar/other animations.

That is odd... I have characters of different heights and proportions and the animation plays perfectly in the preview. I'm using Mecanim Humanoid and the rig is exactly the same, except for the bone names, with the character name as a prefix

Also the animations retarget correctly so I don't know what else is happening. My tallest character is 7'5"

I may have to rename the bones for all of my characters

Nah I doubt that's the issue.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MrPonton wrote:

Nah I doubt that's the issue.

I hope not either... I'm going to be reworking my animations using mocap and it maybe an issue with the code for the select screen...

hi guys. I am new and i gonna to use ufe latest version on unity 5.6.2.
I just want to know about the character selection scene. we select both characters. I just want that we select player character and the CPU character is automatically selected from the characters.
any idea about this what i did for this????

Thumbs up Thumbs down

gamearcad wrote:

hi guys. I am new and i gonna to use ufe latest version on unity 5.6.2.
I just want to know about the character selection scene. we select both characters. I just want that we select player character and the CPU character is automatically selected from the characters.
any idea about this what i did for this????

The built in "Story Mode" works like this.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Could you tell me
when will ver2.0's information  be published?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey Mr Mind

any chance you can do this engine UNET compatible ?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

help i just download and update my ufe and now it is not workin

Thumbs up Thumbs down

timmcgee2001 wrote:

help i just download and update my ufe and now it is not workin

With what version of Unity? Also what parts are not working?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hello, I have a question about the upcoming 2.0 version.

If I buy the UFE Bundle now, will I be able to upgrade for free when 2.0 comes out? And will it include the new netcode or will I have to purchase that separately?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

linatic wrote:

Hello, I have a question about the upcoming 2.0 version.

If I buy the UFE Bundle now, will I be able to upgrade for free when 2.0 comes out? And will it include the new netcode or will I have to purchase that separately?

Yes you can upgrade for free

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Well, I was just wondering because the next version will have a completely different netcode, so I'm not sure if buying the P2P Network will give me access to the new netcode or not.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

new netcode seems like it might be separate from p2p entirely

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

any more info about when this update is coming out?

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.