1 (edited by battlemasterz 2017-08-18 19:54:26)

Topic: Frame specific weapons?

Is there a way to make a weapon only appear during a certain animated frame sequence?

Than have the weapon disappear after the animation is done?

"Battle Hard" - Trilateral

Re: Frame specific weapons?

Not built in to UFE, but I manage it without much problems.  You could animate it directly in mecanim or send events in mecanim. If you need a better explanation lemme know...

But that brings up something I've been thinking, UFE should have unity events built in the move timeline. It shouldn't be too difficult to add that function in.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Would like to hear the better explanation of sending events in mecanim. Don't know much myself on that.

There is a feature in a move to hide body parts as invisible btw.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have a tutorial on how I manage weapons, it explains some about mecanim events. I use them to signal playmaker to do its magic.  But they are a super simple way to call any function on a script at specific frames of an animation. The bigger problems beyond making something visible is hit boxes, making a sword apart in the correct hand based on which direction they're facing... All issues I talk about in my tutorial...

http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=883

Some things to know about mecanim events in particular is you can't add them to animations that are part of an fbx as those are read only. You have to copy the animation itself to be able to edit it and add events in the animation window.  It's tricky because it looks like you can add them just fine to the fbx version but then your work doesn't save...

There are a ton of tutorials about mecanim events, they are not complicated at all...

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Cool, will check out the tutorial...this will be so big, if im able to do it for conceptual reasons

Thanks again

battlemasterz wrote:

Cool, will check out the tutorial...this will be so big, if im able to do it for conceptual reasons

Thanks again

There's a way already in UFE, i used it for a gun in a character and it works completely fine:

http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/move:body … itychanges

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

so your gun would be considered what body part in the panel, i see it asks for that?

battlemasterz wrote:

so your gun would be considered what body part in the panel, i see it asks for that?

Let's Say you load your 3d model, and then, as a separate object add the weapon under the "hand" bone, then turn the weapon off in the unity inspector.

Now you can select the hand bone as the part you want to "appear" and for how many frames,  as well as if it Will work while facing right, left, or both.

Hope it helps!

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

What kind of weapon are you wanting to appear? If it's just a gun that you want to appear to spawn particles out of then the built in method will work, I haven't messed with it myself, and I set up my weapons before this feature was available. If you want some melee weapons with hit boxes and have them change hands based on which way you're facing then a more complex approach might be needed. Depending on your setup and goals it can get much more complicated....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I needed a bow to appear...as the animation is him cocking back a bow to shoot the arrow (projectile)

The concept is he is forming the bow out of nothing so it forms than disappears when the pose is over

11 (edited by christougher 2018-07-08 10:29:13)

Ok, I think that should be easy enough to do with the built in system. Keep it simple. You might have to have a deactivated bow in each hand for whichever side you are on depending on whether you mirror player 2 in the global options.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down