Topic: A character that hovers above the ground?

Is there a way to make a character that hovers slightly above the ground?  I don't mean flying I mean something like a simple hover  6" above the ground?

My attempts at adjusting the characters Z axis don't seem to actually do anything.  The character still starts each match glued to the plane.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: A character that hovers above the ground?

You'd probably need to set his default Y axis not Z axis.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

MrPonton wrote:

You'd probably need to set his default Y axis not Z axis.

So I try to change the default position in the hitbox setup in the character editor, but it doesn't seem to save.

I try to change the "Y" <b>position</b> and the character goes up in the air in the scene view, but when I click the apply changes button it simply doesn't save. 

The character isn't hovering in the air in the game.  The character spawns in stuck to the ground every time. 

What am I doing wrong?  Is this just another UFE bug?  How can I fix this?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Can anyone confirm that character-hitboxsetup-transform-position is working? 

I try to edit these values and nothing happens. 

I believe this is a bug with UFE itself.  Can anyone confirm that this is or is not working with the newest version of UFE?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Can you give a screen for example of what your hovering character looks like in the hit box editor?

Are you also using mecanim by chance? if so, does the animation file itself show this hovering?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MrPonton wrote:

Can you give a screen for example of what your hovering character looks like in the hit box editor?

Are you also using mecanim by chance? if so, does the animation file itself show this hovering?

The problem is not that my character is hovering.  The problem is that I can't get my character to hover.
All my characters are glued to the ground.  Transfering my characters position does not do anything.  Regardless of what axis I change, the character is always in the same place. 

This doesn't actually have anything to do with animations, but yes I am using mecanim.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

7 (edited by Fighterman 2018-01-02 08:31:45)

PunBB bbcode test

The values that I have circled in green do not seem to actually change anything in game.  No matter what I put for these values the characters always load in the same place.

Thumbs up Thumbs down