Topic: Stage Prefabs

Hey guys... after seeing Strider's clear and concise tutorial on creating stages for UFE... I was wondering why the scene camera was not included in the prefab. Which leads to my next question...

What if I create a stage and I have camera specific things such as post effects for each level or tweaked values such as colour grading and intensity of film grain? Will those be retained? What about scene render settings such as skyboxes and cubemaps... if those don't get saved with your scene, something is wrong. Same thing with the camera. I am sure the engine will be able to use the camera in the prefab...

Could someone answer this? Thanks a million...

2 (edited by christougher 2016-06-24 10:56:24)

Re: Stage Prefabs

You could add something to the stage prefab itself that finds the main camera and adds your component(s)  and then removes them using OnDestroy. It's pretty easy with playmaker and shouldn't be too hard to script if you're savvy with c#or js.

Something I've done in a different project of mine is to add some post processing effects from the Camera Filter Pack asset on the fly using Playmaker and it's not too difficult.  To simplify things I edited the assets default variables within the script so that all I have to do is add the script and it's all ready to go.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

That sounds like a pain, especially if someone spends a decent amount of time setting up all of effects just right... I have playmaker and I think the entire scene should be prefab, including cameras. I make sure all of my scenes in Unity have my global config files on the camera.

I'll have to try the playmaker route.

4 (edited by Steviebops 2018-01-02 10:24:16)

I'm curious as to how you dealt with this, did you end up using Playmaker?
Im doing my storymode now, and Ive got a few post-processing fx that are different for each stage.

Thumbs up Thumbs down