Re: Advanced GI with UFE

Thanks, that's all working for me, more testing to do, but looks really good so far.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Steviebops wrote:

Thanks, that's all working for me, more testing to do, but looks really good so far.

Cool. glad I could help. Lemme know if you have any other questions

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'll have to try this out now. Thank you

And I'm guessing, I just have to make sure it works in the standalone.

Bump. Is this working in standalone??

I'm afraid after testing and setup with new scenes, this doesn't seem to be fully working for me. Skyboxes swap out as expected, but there's something not right about the lighting, here are two images showing the issue, the first one is the lighting as I want it, the second is how it turns out in-game.

Desired result

actual result

As you can see,there's something missing there, the second isn't as well lit. Im not sure the lighting from the loaded stage is overriding the default stage.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

We're entering the realm of hard to say what the issue is without looking at your stuff.

Where is the white light coming from in the in-game shot?
What environment light source are you using (skybox/color/gradient)?
If you're using color, is it also overriding the base stage setting?

This does work, just need to figure out what's not set right
http://i.magaimg.net/img/2g9f.png

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

There's no lights in the default scene. I only have them in the stage-scenes themselves. I do have a skybox in the default, but that is successfully replaced on loading the new stage.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ok, after a few days of back and forth with this, we've found the solution to the problem.

In UFE.cs find this function

private static void _StartGame(float fadeTime){

and find this line at the end of that function

UFE.PauseGame(false);

Right after that line, add this line

UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager.SetActiveScene(UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager.GetSceneByName(stageScene));

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

I can confirm this works, and by adding a few lines in, similar to the skybox code, you can also swap your PostProcessing Profiles for each level smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Steviebops wrote:

I can confirm this works, and by adding a few lines in, similar to the skybox code, you can also swap your PostProcessing Profiles for each level smile

This is great. Just need to figure this out. And clean up my Unity scenes as well