Topic: UFE in 2018 beta?

Hi, anyone attempting to get UFE up and running in Unity 2018 beta?

I'm getting these two errors:

Assets/UFE/Editor/CharacterEditorWindow.cs(1158,104): error CS0143: The class `UnityEngine.AudioClip' has no constructors defined

Assets/UFE/Editor/MoveEditorWindow.cs(1969,101): error CS0143: The class `UnityEngine.AudioClip' has no constructors defined

changing the offending lines to something like this:

moveInfo.soundEffects[i].sounds = AddElement<AudioClip>(moveInfo.soundEffects[i].sounds, null);

gets rid of the compiler error.  Not sure if it breaks anything just yet.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: UFE in 2018 beta?

I'm holding off until it leaves beta before I try getting UFE to work in it, not sure what might change over the course of the beta so I don't wanna take any risks. Anything new that's worth the upgrade?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

As the Beta has gotta be almost done I figured I'd give it a go. Not really sure about the benefits between Unity 2017 and 2018 for UFE.  I'm gonna twiddle with an AR type stage so later versions of 2017 or 2018 is what I needed.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was able to get UFE running in Unity 2018.1.0f2 after commenting out:

Assets/UFE/Editor/CharacterEditorWindow.cs(1158,104): error CS0143: The class `UnityEngine.AudioClip' has no constructors defined

Assets/UFE/Editor/MoveEditorWindow.cs(1969,101): error CS0143: The class `UnityEngine.AudioClip' has no constructors defined

Doesn't appear to cause any real problems, but I have not done any serious testing with it.

Note, I made a fresh project and re-imported UFE from the Asset Store, if that makes a difference.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

5 (edited by christougher 2018-05-08 10:13:21)

You can just edit those lines like I did and I believe it will work fine.  Add the null part as unity changed the API... Otherwise I think you'll lose the sound effect

Thumbs up Thumbs down