Topic: Fantasy Strike Character select

Will it be possible to create character selection screen ala Fantasy strike without coding... ie the ability to change costume colors on the fly?

And their throw moves are so smooth

I would say that it is the best UFE game so far...$10 during steam sale .

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2 (edited by MrPonton 2017-12-07 15:14:08)

Re: Fantasy Strike Character select

I don't believe FS uses UFE... I keep seeing people say it does though, but I haven't seen anything from the developer to suggest it. If it does, it's been heavily modified.

To answer your question though, you will have to code in order to get a character select screen like FS.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

well during their alpha build they did show something similar to the training room scene...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXIR1hBOsHw

I agree that its been modified to the max... seeing how they could stop time, transform to a dragon and stuff...hopefully
here will be an update to the character selection screen.. as of right now.. though we can choose to have an alternate costume.. the character selection doesnt change

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

4 (edited by MrPonton 2017-12-08 02:06:51)

Cool, thanks for showing me. It is possible they just used it as a base alpha to test stuff out like animations, but who knows. The finished product looks way more polished and has so many features that I can't see what part if any of UFE it still has. Even the UI system isn't possible with stock UFE.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think they might have started with UFE then made their own engine, or built on top of UFE's code.

Fantasy Strike does look quite impressive and plays well.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I seem to Recall Yumcha talking about working in the game, also the trailers for fantas strike are on the SHOWCASE playlist for UFE on Youtube. Gotta check it out when it releases on switch.

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambio mi suerte por dicha y placer.

wow... thats one deep statement

back to topic.. no comment from the mistermind/yumcha on this?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

It's from a Jose Alfredo Jimenez Song "Paloma Querida"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5khxf5pP4io

and back to topic... no... no official statement as far as i know.

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.