Topic: Version upgrade

It is possible to buy a elite version to try and upgrade later to a standar version?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Version upgrade

You mean lite version? Yes you can. The licenses and amount paid are timeless. You only have to pay the difference from what you paid before in order to upgrade.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Further question on upgrading.  I have UFE2 Pro and I just upgraded to UFE2 Source.  Is it sufficient to copy script files from Source into my project?  I've made too many changes to start again. 

Could you please tell me which folders I should copy over?

Thanks.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Basically, everything under the folder "UFE\Engine".
If you are not planning on adapting the demo that comes with the project you can disregard the folder "UFE\Demo".

Thanks,

What I did was make a backup of the Engine folder, then deleted it and copied the Engine folder from the Source version of the project and opened the project.  It unfortunately broke everything.  So I had to undo it. 

Are there specific folders I can copy instead to get the source incorporated?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

In what sense did it break it?
One thing that can potentially happen is having your editor files lose connection to the dll file they were previously linked to in the PRO version. What you have to do is link them to the open source version of that file.

- Global config files are linked to a script called GlobalInfo.cs (located under Engine\Scripts\Core\Global).
- Character files are linked to a script called CharacterInfo.cs  (located under Engine\Scripts\Core\Character).
- Move files are linked to a script called MoveInfo.cs  (located under Engine\Scripts\Core\Move).

Thanks.  Thats actually what happened.  So I started reconnecting the GlobalInfo.cs to the Config file and found that I lost all of my settings in the config file. 

Is it saved somewhere?  Otherwise is it safe to assume that I will have to recreate the Config file?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hum. Yeah that can happen sometimes unfortunately.
There is a way to fix it, but can be a little complicated. Make sure you have a backup of everything so you can restart the process in case it didn't work the first time.
Go outside Unity and using a regular text editor, open one of the data files.

For the original data files linked to the dll, look for a line that resembles something like this:

m_Script: {fileID: 2039538461, guid: 290947d1480294243a72173919bf47d1, type: 3}

There is only going to be one line that starts with "m_Script". That is the one you are looking for.
Now open that exact file type from the Source version and replace the previous line found in that file with the one from the Source version:

m_Script: {fileID: 11500000, guid: 7a72eb99efd94a347a4ab4cc0376dbb1, type: 3}

Each file type (Global, Character or Move) has a different fileID and guid. All you have to do is match that line and save the file. This should correctly link your files without losing the changes you made.

Thank you so much!!  I tried it with the config file and I'm back in business. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So after connecting up those scripts using Notepad, I ran the game and in BattleGUI strange things happen:  I get a ton of Null Reference Exceptions and When I pause the game in BattleGUI, it looks like the "BattleGUI" prefab and the "Game" object are respawning them selves over an over.  Furthermore, the "Game" object's CameraScript is missing refrences to Player1 and Player2 - Any thoughts on why its respawning itself in the hierarchy?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Figured it out.  So there were a few more broken script links.  On top of the 3 you mention, I needed to do the same hack to the following:

1) Move set files that are being used by characters (I'm reusing Robot Kyle)
2) Your character prefabs (My game, Munkee Kissin Dunkee 2, has 8 characters) so I had to reconnect hitboxes as well (as well as another script I had related to weapons in my version of the game)
3) AI Instructions

Once these were reconnected, the game started working again.  I'm not sure what else is broken but I'm sure I'll hit something else and will post a reply here.

I think the moral of the story is that if you think you might need source when purchasing, go with source - it will save you a lot of headache smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

12 (edited by Starcutter 2021-08-25 22:20:10)

I think I'm having the exact issue that's stated here, but may I ask where about should I be looking for these data files? I can't quite find the ones being talked about here

EDIT: I found it in another thread, it's the .asset files, not anything close to the .dll where I was looking hahaha

Thumbs up Thumbs down