Topic: Hitboxes not showing even when they are there. And move editor preview

Currently having 2 problems.

When i preview my move from the move editor my character is rotated 90° (i noticed this problem before my second problem became a thing, so i could see my hit boxes but the character doesnt line up with them because facing wrong direction)

Second problem
My hitboxes have no visual 
Any of the times i should see the hit boxes i cant see them at all.
Scene view during play mode, move editor preview etc.

Any idea how to fix this?

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Hitboxes not showing even when they are there. And move editor preview

So i fixed the hitboxes thing

Still have the rotation in move editor

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Having the same issue here. When setting up hitboxes the character rotation is correct but when previewing animations in the move editor he starts out facing the correct way before I scrub a long the timeline of the animation, then as soon as I preview the animation he turns away from the camera and the hitboxes no longer line up. When I test the game and load the character up instead he faces the camera and all the animations are still messed up. I've tried so many combinations of adjusting the prefabs rotation, applying root motion, changing each animations offset, baking in the pose, or switching off of body orientation; but nothing seems to work.

Could really use some help on this one.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:

So i fixed the hitboxes thing

Still have the rotation in move editor

How did you fix the hitbox thing? I suddenly cant see hitboxes for my characters

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It probably got disabled in your gizmos option under the Scene view:
https://i.ibb.co/2ggV1rF/gizmos-hitboxes.jpg
https://ibb.co/QrrS3VJ

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:

When i preview my move from the move editor my character is rotated 90° (i noticed this problem before my second problem became a thing, so i could see my hit boxes but the character doesnt line up with them because facing wrong direction)

Hi,

I have the same problem, any idea how to fix it  ?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So...No solution ?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Az wrote:

So...No solution ?

You need to make sure you have your character properly saved at the correct rotation when you edit it under the Character Editor.
Here, watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tJ7rPAvt_w

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

9 (edited by Az 2020-02-13 14:21:13)

The character's rotation in character editor is correct, even in a new unity project with only UFE in it i have this problem, but not with every characters.

When I preview an animation with Robot_Kyle or Mecanim_Bot it's working well,  but with Ethan or Suzan, the character is not in the good orientation.

But...I found a workaround !

So, if someone have this problem, first, put the fbx of your character in the hierarchy, still in the hierarchy : Right click -> Create empty, it will create a gameobject.

Change the Y rotation  of the gameobject to 90.

Drag your character in the gameobjet and reset the rotation of your character, by doing this, your character's rotation will be the rotation of the gameobject, but the character's rotation will stay at 0.

Add the hitboxes script to the gameobject, drag it into your folder, and do the classic setup of hitboxes like in the video linked by Mistermind, this gameobject won't bug during animation preview.

It's not a perfect solution, but it works.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have issue with mecanim type before,
It is cause this both reason:
1.My Animation is facing forward,It's incorrect direction.
2.My character checked root motion of Animator component.

Thumbs up Thumbs down