Re: UFE 1.6 News

Probably a dumb question, but with 1.6 using the new UI, does this mean we can go through the main menu with a game pad?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

YumChaGames wrote:
mqiydaar wrote:

Sorry for the lateness of this question, but is it also possible to implement a secret boss fight after the slew of opponents in story mode? Like in Ultra Street Fighter IV?

Not be default, but that should be possible as a mod.

Thank you. Hopefully there'll be a helpful tutorial to make it happen after the release of UFE 1.6.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

hendrixlt wrote:

Probably a dumb question, but with 1.6 using the new UI, does this mean we can go through the main menu with a game pad?

Yes, you'll be able to use gamepad/joystick input to navigate the menus.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Any ETA on that lol can't wait you guys are awesome

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

ooooo! so exciting!

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

81 (edited by devop15 2015-05-15 01:00:06)

About the networking: will it be based on native Unity Networking or something else? And again, networking is in Other (Major Features). Are these features for v1.6 or later? If networking is coming later, when approximately?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Documentation Fully Updated smile

devop15 wrote:

About the networking: will it be based on native Unity Networking or something else? And again, networking is in Other (Major Features). Are these features for v1.6 or later? If networking is coming later, when approximately?

We have a lot of news about Networking, but its still needs some more heavy testing. We might need a few extra weeks on that.
The first build of the network support is native and P2P only. It will be available for free for those who purchased the Fuzzy A.I. addon or UFE Bundle.

Later there is a good chance we will start offering server support, but I cannot share any more details at the moment.

Stay tuned as I'll soon make an official 1.6 post.

656173746572206567673a2043616e20796f752066696e6420746865206e6574776f726b2073637265656e73686f743f

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Is it updated on selly yet

Thumbs up Thumbs down

sbrtate22 wrote:

Is it updated on selly yet

Its not out yet. I'll let you guys know when we finish the packaging/uploading process.

Quick question is the story gonna have unlockable characters where if u beat the game with a certain character u unlock another? If it's not in the set up already would that be hard to code

Thumbs up Thumbs down

sbrtate22 wrote:

Quick question is the story gonna have unlockable characters where if u beat the game with a certain character u unlock another? If it's not in the set up already would that be hard to code

No, Story Mode doesn't do this by default.  Coding in unlockable characters isn't too hard though, it was definitely possible previously.

One of the reasons we don't add that sort of stuff in is that there are just too many ways to unlock something.  Do you tie it into the story (like you suggested), or have a code you use at the select screen (like old SF games), use a freemium model or something else entirely?  With so many ways it could be done, this is something that's best left to the developer of the game to decide how they'll do it and create the system themselves.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ok thats good enough so any date on the release yet

Thumbs up Thumbs down

sbrtate22 wrote:

ok thats good enough so any date on the release yet

It was said 14-15th of May but nothing is have been released yet!!  They keep telling us soon lol

Thumbs up Thumbs down

drraed wrote:

It was said 14-15th of May but nothing is have been released yet!!  They keep telling us soon lol

Sorry about that smile
We were gonna use a new packaging process but that didn't work as we planned. Too many exceptions that need to be studied more carefully, and that will take longer than manual packaging.

UFE Bundle and Source packages are ready and should be available early this week on Sellfy. I'll also send it to the Asset Store, where they should approve it soon after. PRO and Basic should be available this week as well.

The entire team is super busy right now, so we are even sacrificing some of the forum support to speed things up. Sorry about that!

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfCkJxsnwGs[/media]

I'll soon make a new official release post

sounds good cant wait

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I saw the updated version is on sellfy but I already bought the bundle on their a while ago how do I get the updated version

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Mistermind wrote:
drraed wrote:

Sorry about that smile
We were gonna use a new packaging process but that didn't work as we planned. Too many exceptions that need to be studied more carefully, and that will take longer than manual packaging.

UFE Bundle and Source packages are ready and should be available by the end of the day on Sellfy. I'll also send it to the Asset Store, where they should approve it soon after. PRO and Basic should be available this week as well.

The entire team is super busy right now, so we are even sacrificing some of the forum support to speed things up. Sorry about that!

Quick question. I wanted to know for those who have purchased the Source version from Sellfy, do they need to purchase the upgrade or do they have to pay the difference?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Are diagonal inputs in yet?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If we already bought the use bundle with fuzzy so on sellfy do we have to pay again for the new update

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1.6 is free to all 1.5 owners.  It's just a matter of time to when you can update because of the packaging process for each version.  Like MMind said, Bundle and Source will be first to get done, with the Sellfy version appearing the soonest (almost there, descriptions may have updated now but the package is still in process).  So timeframe should be something like:

- Bundle and Source (within the day on Sellfy, next day or two from Unity Asset Store)
- Pro and Basic (within the week as well, with the Sellfy version likely a day or two ahead of the Asset Store one)

Steviebops: No, unfortunately diagonals didn't make it into 1.6.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

When approximately can we expect full networking support? Is that a matter of weeks or months?

Also, is it possible to use UFE for iOS / Android apps? Are there build-in features to handle touch screen input?

Best regards,
Johannes

Thumbs up Thumbs down

devop15 wrote:

When approximately can we expect full networking support? Is that a matter of weeks or months?

Also, is it possible to use UFE for iOS / Android apps? Are there build-in features to handle touch screen input?

Best regards,
Johannes

Touch screen input is handled via Control Freak plugin.

I just tested 1.6 with Control Freak and it builds fine on iOS 64bit smile.  I do recommend taking time to configure your Control Freak prefab to suit your needs however.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

YumChaGames wrote:
devop15 wrote:

Best regards,
Johannes

Touch screen input is handled via Control Freak plugin.

I just tested 1.6 with Control Freak and it builds fine on iOS 64bit smile.  I do recommend taking time to configure your Control Freak prefab to suit your needs however.

I just watched the video, will we have to have Unity 5 in order to use UFE? or will it still work in Unity 4?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Domainator wrote:

I just watched the video, will we have to have Unity 5 in order to use UFE? or will it still work in Unity 4?

Yes, it will only work with Unity 5.  Unity made it very hard for us to include backwards compatibility with previous versions.

Also, to answer you question from another thread - I think the Bundle on Sellfy is the only version currently available right now.  The rest should be coming along as per my previous post with the rough timelines.

Thumbs up Thumbs down