Re: Season 3 Polls: Major Updates

ViceVerse wrote:

"I said the main page, not the original discussion thread"
You said so yourself, "original discussion thread".

CTRL+F and look again for where I said that.   Having a discussion with someone who changes what I say around and puts words in my mouth is impossible.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Can you guys please either just stop the unconstructive discussion, or take it to a private conversation?

Thumbs up +5 Thumbs down

MisterMind, Im having some trouble with my attempt at 8-way movement. Did you have any code done for the 3dArena gameplay that I could look at?

The mirror variable seems to be throwing me off. The move speed seems to be based on a global axis, where I want to base it on whether you are moving towards you opponent (forward speed), away(backwards speed), or circling them (side speed, my own addition).

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Steviebops wrote:

MisterMind, Im having some trouble with my attempt at 8-way movement. Did you have any code done for the 3dArena gameplay that I could look at?

The mirror variable seems to be throwing me off. The move speed seems to be based on a global axis, where I want to base it on whether you are moving towards you opponent (forward speed), away(backwards speed), or circling them (side speed, my own addition).

Sorry, I haven't started working with that yet. I'm currently working on the grappling (still) and AI.
It seems like you are already got some progress on your posts. As soon as I get to that point I'll definitely review what you've done so far.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Mistermind wrote:

UFE: Major Updates Poll (Season 3)
Tag Team
Disjoined Rectangle HitBoxes
3D Arena Gameplay
UFE 2D

I highly recommend that you add a section below the choices where a brief description is provided for each feature.

This would not only provide context for voter's decisions, but also create a "jumping off" point for discussions on the points themselves. In addition, it would also clarify and communicate a comprehensive understanding of what each point is (and is not) between the voters and yourself, thereby providing a "conceptualization calibration" between all parties.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Would the inclusion of tag team also inadvertently create a way for characters to transform in any way?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That is a possibility.  Tag Team is still quite some time away though, so we can't say for sure just yet.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Is there an estimated release date for the 3D arena gameplay? That's the only thing UFE is missing so we can release some 3D games.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

At this stage, not yet.  We've got a couple other priorities to get through first.  After that, we should be able to give an update on the progress of the major features we'll be working on.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

UFE going 2D is a big thing for me. Once it goes 2D I will be getting it so I can make the game I want to make. So I am hoping that it goes 2D for my game.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2d? You mean like sprites and stuff?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Is there a chance of Storymode and weapons upgrade system in next update ?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Story Mode should be in the next update, or the one straight after.

Weapons system is not on the cards currently.  It's possible to accomplish it by using multiple combat stances, but its not something particularly easy to make.

Thumbs up 0 Thumbs down

im so curious to see the video for the next updates......

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi,
Is there any updates regarding the next update?

Many thanks

Thumbs up Thumbs down

drraed wrote:

Hi,
Is there any updates regarding the next update?

Many thanks

We are currently having some technical (hardware) problems which is causing a significant delay. Unfortunately no date or timeline was given on the matter, but don't worry, there were no data loss and we will resume our work as soon as this is fixed.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

oh, sorry to hear about your machine. Hope it get fixed ASAP.
in the meanwhile do you have any tips or tutorial to get a basic story mode working on the current version of UFE?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi drraed, see the below posts that goes through some of the preliminary stuff on an Arcade Mode.

Arcade Mode

Player Selection

Spawning Characters according to level

Restarting Match / Next Match

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi UFE,
I'm really new here and really interested in UFE. Just question please.
When will the feature "networking" or multiplayer is updated? just an estimated time please.
thanks,

Thumbs up Thumbs down

atone wrote:

Hi UFE,
I'm really new here and really interested in UFE. Just question please.
When will the feature "networking" or multiplayer is updated? just an estimated time please.
thanks,

Should be the update after the 1.6 update. But not sure of exact time frame at the moment.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

so what will be Networking connection method? will you use some 3rd party like Photon.. or build-in new one?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

YumChaGames wrote:

Hi drraed, see the below posts that goes through some of the preliminary stuff on an Arcade Mode.

Arcade Mode

Player Selection

Spawning Characters according to level

Restarting Match / Next Match

Thank you I will see what I can do. But do those require the Source Code? Because I have the Pro version with Fussy AI!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What is Tag Team?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's when each player has two characters each. And they can swap them out with a button press.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks, that sounds good, and what is 3D arena gameplay?

Thumbs up Thumbs down