Re: Season 3 Polls: Major Updates

It's like Soul Calibur, where the fighters can dodge around each other, on 3 axes, instead of the standard 2.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Steviebops wrote:

2d? You mean like sprites and stuff?

Like the older fighting games. Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Ect.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

53 (edited by roswell108 2015-03-23 23:40:39)

I appreciate that tag teams and other stuff were put on the forums first or whatever, but had I known the 3D support in the description was part of a poll and not something in testing or at least complete enough for an ETA, I may have used that $300 to pay some bills and bought this closer to the update.

Universal Fighting Engine (or U.F.E.) is a toolkit designed to help you develop your own 2.5D/3D fighting game, using a highly customizable open source framework and easy to use visual editors. No coding knowledge is necessary. For more information, visit our official Unity thread.

- Unity Asset Store website

Universal Fighting Engine (or U.F.E.) is a tool designed to help indie developers and small companies to make their own 2.5D/3D fighting game using a full open source1) framework and easy to use visual editors. Those who studied fighting games have probably realized just how complex even the smallest thing is when dealing with balance and frame data. Charts upon charts of information you just can't see while playing, not to mention the highly complex aspects of hitboxes and unique physics. That's where Universal Fighting Engine comes in. UFE provides you with an open fighting game engine ready to use, highly customizable data frame and easy to use character and move editors similar to those used by Capcom, NeatherRealm and DoubleHelix to create games like Street Fighter 4, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

- Universal Fighting Engine website

Ironically, it almost sounds like 3D is already included. If you buy a Bluray / DVD player and the instructions point you to the company site for more info, how would you feel stumbling onto a notice saying Blueray support was just one of three possible features for the next firmware update? Would it help knowing you couldn't return it? Would you be this calm?

Thumbs up −1 Thumbs down

Is there a possibility that a a team battle like KOF where you can pick 3 or 4 characters can be also added in a future update?

Grave174 wrote:

Is there a possibility that a a team battle like KOF where you can pick 3 or 4 characters can be also added in a future update?

Well although Tag Team is listed as a upcoming feature, and seems to be in the lead of the poll, it isn't stated as how it will be, whether it will be like KOF or will it be like MvC's 3v3 system or Mortal Kombat (2011)'s tag system, which I would prefer, especially with the option of having 4 local players.

So I guess I can say i half-answered your question smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tag Team sounds more like mortal kombats or SF vs Tekken where its 2 vs 2 and you can switch. Even though I would love to see that added, A KOF type system where different characters fight the round depending if one loses a match or not like in KOF would be pretty cool also

If you have source, it shouldn't be too difficult I think to modify in a KOF style system.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Looking through the replies, I'm unsure if tag team mode has been implemented yet.  Did it win the poll?  Is it in a version yet?  1.7 has it?

Also, is there a limit to the number of characters that can switch in and out.  could we have one playable character, against 5 or 10 ninjas, each one switching back and forth as the AI dictates?  Or is it only 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3?

Thanks

Thumbs up Thumbs down

rosskrachey wrote:

Looking through the replies, I'm unsure if tag team mode has been implemented yet.  Did it win the poll?  Is it in a version yet?  1.7 has it?

Also, is there a limit to the number of characters that can switch in and out.  could we have one playable character, against 5 or 10 ninjas, each one switching back and forth as the AI dictates?  Or is it only 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3?

Thanks

Well the post listed here http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2386#p2386 , does not have Tag Team listed there, however it could be a part of 1.7, seeing as the full list of additions hasn't been posted yet. If not 1.7, it will probably be in UFE 2.0 or later.

Also, Tag Team does have the most votes on the poll, so I assume it won, although 3D Arena is a listed UFE 2.0 feature, as shown in the above linked post.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

60 (edited by addisonadolf00 2016-04-08 07:14:57)

Tag team is Good..... cool
xhtml development | psd to xhtml | php my sql

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi, Nice to meet you.

I'm looking forward to  UFE for Unreal Engine.

I think thet UFE is great system.

I expect them.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

These are all cool features. Tag team sounds cool as well... hopefully in the coming future of UFE, we can have interactive levels and better cutscene handling. At the moment, I have to use my 3d app to do cutscenes

Multiplayer has always highest priority then all ohters.
If multiplayer works people can play number of hours and it will increase game usability.

After that,
Tag Team and 3D arena are best feature.
Implementing basic finisher moves like MK fatality demo would be best to include.
it can be game changer.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I tend to agree, network features are by far the most useful from a sales/lifespan point of view.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Yep... also with Unity 2017 out, and the new Timeline, this would be AWESOME to use this for Cinematic Moves in game as well as animating character specific stuff.

Hey Mr Mind

could you add UNET support ?

Thumbs up Thumbs down